Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy
RE: Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy
I managed to find an Airsense 10 ASV with 1800 hours on it for only $350, which is an absolute steal for even a used machine. The guy using it was a nonsmoker, but he did mention there was someone that was a smoker that lived there. He said it was never used in the same room as someone who smoked though and it does look to be in pretty good condition.

Planning on going to take a look at it at the end of this week and as long as it doesn't smell completely disgusting, I'll probably pick it up. I'm at the very least replacing the humidifier, humidifier outlet, filter and the tubing. I might even take the machine apart fully and clean out the blower or replace it if its bad enough. I'm quite familiar with taking apart electronics and from the videos it seems super easy to do.

If it does have a smoke odor are there ways to help get rid of that? I feel like $350 is a tough price to pass up on, even it does need some cleaning up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 25 546 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 378 9 hours ago
Last Post: rekaviv
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 450 Today, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 20 792 Yesterday, 02:53 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 72 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 68 2,644 04-25-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,850 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.