Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Transcend CPAP machine
RE: Transcend CPAP machine
(07-07-2015, 08:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Respironics machine runs on straight 12 volt power and is very efficient with startup power at about 2.5 amps and operating power less than 0.8 amps. It will use any 12 volt source, including deep cycle lead-acid, and very compact Li-ion batteries that can be recharged from solar or automotive alternators. There are a number of threads from people that use PRS1 machines on sail boats circumnavigating the globe, campers and RV users. For a permanent machine that can be taken off the grid, it's hard to beat.

I'd suggest narrowing your search, eliminating Resmed which operates on 24 volt power and has an integrated humidifier and wireless modem, and focusing on the PRS1 and Transcend units, and seeing what can be worked out. I can point you to some threads that discuss battery use of the PRS1 units, including the use of the Poweradd Pilot Pro 32000mAh Multi-Voltage (5V 9V 12V 16V 19V 20V) Li-Ion Backup Power Bank to run units up to 3-days without recharging and without any converter or adapter other than what is included (See Amazon). These batteries are not without some issues, but they are an example of what can work remarkably well as an alternative to expensive batteries sold specifically for powering a CPAP.

Thanks Sleeprider for that information. You certainly have me thinking.
I have found the DS560HS on the internet, I assume it is similar to what you use.
Would love to have a look at any links you can point me to.
Can I program this machine myself?
I also assume you use Sleepyhead software.
Looking forward to your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 560 is the Auto version. I have one, and the DS760 BiPAP. They can both share the same humidifier unit. Both machines can be set by the user and the clinician-manuals are available from ApneaBoard CPAP Setup Manuals link. Both are 12 volt and simple to run off batteries. I use mine camping with a motorcycle and use the PowerAdd battery with a simple DC laptop charger unit to keep the battery up. It takes only two hours to charge the battery off the bike.

Giving you a specific link is a problem since this site edits out the forum I'm going to direct you to as "commercial". Put in a Google search for "Poweradd, CPAP". Read everything you get in the first two non-sponsored returns. [link to DME-owned website removed per Apnea Board rules]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This includes active or broken links to DME-owned websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2015, 10:00 AM)Eleong2 Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 08:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Respironics machine runs on straight 12 volt power and is very efficient with startup power at about 2.5 amps and operating power less than 0.8 amps. It will use any 12 volt source, including deep cycle lead-acid, and very compact Li-ion batteries that can be recharged from solar or automotive alternators. There are a number of threads from people that use PRS1 machines on sail boats circumnavigating the globe, campers and RV users. For a permanent machine that can be taken off the grid, it's hard to beat.

I'd suggest narrowing your search, eliminating Resmed which operates on 24 volt power and has an integrated humidifier and wireless modem, and focusing on the PRS1 and Transcend units, and seeing what can be worked out. I can point you to some threads that discuss battery use of the PRS1 units, including the use of the Poweradd Pilot Pro 32000mAh Multi-Voltage (5V 9V 12V 16V 19V 20V) Li-Ion Backup Power Bank to run units up to 3-days without recharging and without any converter or adapter other than what is included (See Amazon). These batteries are not without some issues, but they are an example of what can work remarkably well as an alternative to expensive batteries sold specifically for powering a CPAP.

Since size is not the issue, I agree with Sleeprider that the PRS1 might be the right fit. I sometimes take my PRS1 camping and I can get 3 nights (humidifier off) with a 22 ah battery. Since it's native power is 12 Vdc, it gives you greater options when it comes to power. On the other hand the Transcend requires a 14.4 Vdc Li-ion battery pack.
Sounds like the Respironics DS560HS is the way to go.
Can anyone tell me where to get the Clinician Manual - I live a long way from any provider and will have to adjust the pressures myself if the Doctor says to. I have the Clinician manual for the Resmed and had to use it (on Doctors orders) during my trial as I was too far from the Doctor for him to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 01:02 AM)bayrunner Wrote: Can anyone tell me where to get the Clinician Manual

Just scroll to the top of this page and follow the link CPAP Setup Manuals. There are literally hundreds of manuals available, so follow the instructions carefully to ensure you get the right one.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,791 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 310 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 630 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 200 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.