Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central while on ASV
RE: Central while on ASV
Boodmaster:  Any update on your status?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2018, 03:07 PM)Hojo Wrote: Boodmaster:  Any update on your status?

Here’s an update 6 years later!

Still dealing with it, it seems like it’s some sort of food-related intolerance (nightshades = peppers and potatoes and tomatoes) that causes me to have low blood pressure when digesting, even hours later, getting cold, dizzy. It’s a whole thing possibly related to dysautonomia, which I guess makes sense since CSA is part of that. I go through these phases of kinda passing out and snapping awake, but I’ll do it like dozens and dozens of times. It’s *horrifying* and my wife is always trying to help me. 

Even if I’m wearing my mask and have full-on pressure, I will still snap awake before the ASV can catch me. It seems like my blood pressure drops pretty hard and I sorta pass out, then heart-race myself awake like an apnea. I’m still dealing with it, even now (literally right now, sitting up haha). But I screwed up and ate something I shouldn’t have at dinner time. So I’m paying for it now. Gotta wait it out. 

I was going through my old posts and saw there were replies that I never got back to. I have adhd so I tend to forget if it’s not right in front of me. If you are interested, my most recent post from February is essentially me dealing with this same issue. I appreciate you all the same!
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV does not explicitly label obstructive apneas. It calls them unclassified apneas, according to the ASV clinical menu.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,578 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 218 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 126 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,090 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 641 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 180 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,558 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.