Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Centrals or Obstructive
RE: Centrals or Obstructive
FWIW had there been mention you should be working on getting your sleep study detailed copy? HIPAA law allows you to request and receive it. You can put it in your health file and post redacted version here. There may be some data in it that may be helpful in shaping our suggestions.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given that you likely aren't having any "real" obstructive events and running at a fixed pressure I would suggest reducing the pressure somewhat. In my case once the pressure goes over 8cm or so my breathing becomes much more uneven. You can see from your flow graphs that they are quite "furry", and the machine is reporting variable breathing 68% of the time. Maybe trying reducing pressure by 1cm/night until you start seeing "real" obstructive events... lower pressure should also be more comfortable.

ResMed seems much better at classifying OA vs CA. If you had the PR in 'auto' mode it would likely ramp up pressure due to misclassifing central events as obstructure.

How did you end up at 12cm fixed? Was there a titration study involved?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NewToSleepApnea,

Regarding Pulse Rate changes (PRCs)...

You can change the setting in Oscar Under Preferences > Oximetry etc.

I have mine set to 15 bpm for 10 seconds. Need to rebuild the database after that. Then it "flags" less PRCs.

For what it is worth I have looked at my own Pulse Rate Changes and have concluded that, for me at least, looking at this does not help me: See Pulse Rate Changes... see #15

I still get precordial chest discomfort/palpitations as a side effect from PAP therapy and am still at a loss to find the cause, but have concluded that for me, analysing the PRC does not point me in the right direction. Too many other causes of PRCs for me to bother about. But, by keeping my pressures lower I am making some headway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys.  I got to 12cm Fixed from slowly working my way up.  Its been very inconsistent where 1 month will be great and then terrible for a week and back to good etc.  

I will make two posts to attach all sleep study.  During both my titration and my diagnostic tests were pretty good sleep nights.  O2 barely dropped and the onset issues didn't happen.  

I may try to start lowering the pressure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Part 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Changes Pulse Change to 15 BPM for 8 seconds and basically it disappeared to 3%.  Here is the screenshot of last night.  As you can see - almost all the episodes go when I'm falling asleep.  Its like intense onset issues - which are supposedly normal - just not this intense.   Maybe I'll try lower the pressure a bit.  

Thank you guys - it helps just to even talk this out.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 385 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,799 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 119 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 769 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 235 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New User: Obstructive Events Gone but Central Events appearing. bopbop 0 213 02-13-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bopbop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.