Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cervical Collar Question
RE: Cervical Collar Question
@Severe Apnea

I'm a side and back sleeper so I have issues with finding the right pillow that works for both side and back sleeping.

I have a shallow pillow for back slewping, but that pillow is too shallow for side sleeping and need good thickness to support my neck evenly in side position. I'vw been looking for a solution to this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(07-01-2022, 01:18 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: Hi there GoliGoli

"Most of the pictures I see of them being used show people sleeping on their backs."

Marketing, you gotta love it! Sheez!
I humbly and respectfully offer a different view. The people with the worst tucking are often sleeping on their backs. Therefore, I think it is entirely reasonable the pictures depict this. Not just marketing, pointing out a legitimate problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marketing also typical show people on 2-3 pillows with their head tilted forward on their backs. Like it's the proper way to sleep. lol
Post Reply Post Reply
@ CorruptAlligator

Yes, I accept that as a valid issue. My own pillow is on the thicker side, which is fine for back sleeping but once I awake on my side, I can just scrunch it up as needed, out of the way of the Soft Cervical Collar.

My wife (who does not need CPAP) has the same challenge: she wants a flattish one for back sleeping, but a thicker one for side sleeping to protect her shoulders.

Patent pending: self-inflating pillow that detects your sleep position and adjusts accordingly. Just kidding! 

Thinking-about
Any engineers out there? 
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tightness of cervical collar and effectiveness? How tight should it be? CorruptAlligator 1 207 06-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Is soft cervical collar safe to use? accetableplaintain 4 313 06-26-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  soft cervical collar BillMar 3 250 06-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do you use a Cervical pillow? Sleepy Willy 4 389 05-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  tests with collar and mouth tape rogerncormier74 5 379 04-16-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Cervical collar success story - can I turn pressure down? jamesdavis79 16 897 04-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Last Post: jamesdavis79
  Soft Cervical Collar for mouth breathing elliotg 13 797 03-10-2022, 09:26 PM
Last Post: PurpleOx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.