Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cervical Collar Question
RE: Cervical Collar Question
@Severe Apnea

I'm a side and back sleeper so I have issues with finding the right pillow that works for both side and back sleeping.

I have a shallow pillow for back slewping, but that pillow is too shallow for side sleeping and need good thickness to support my neck evenly in side position. I'vw been looking for a solution to this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2022, 01:18 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: Hi there GoliGoli

"Most of the pictures I see of them being used show people sleeping on their backs."

Marketing, you gotta love it! Sheez!
I humbly and respectfully offer a different view. The people with the worst tucking are often sleeping on their backs. Therefore, I think it is entirely reasonable the pictures depict this. Not just marketing, pointing out a legitimate problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marketing also typical show people on 2-3 pillows with their head tilted forward on their backs. Like it's the proper way to sleep. lol
Post Reply Post Reply
@ CorruptAlligator

Yes, I accept that as a valid issue. My own pillow is on the thicker side, which is fine for back sleeping but once I awake on my side, I can just scrunch it up as needed, out of the way of the Soft Cervical Collar.

My wife (who does not need CPAP) has the same challenge: she wants a flattish one for back sleeping, but a thicker one for side sleeping to protect her shoulders.

Patent pending: self-inflating pillow that detects your sleep position and adjusts accordingly. Just kidding! 

Thinking-about
Any engineers out there? 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 227 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 552 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 428 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 3 362 02-10-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 363 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 536 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 374 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.