Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cervical Collar - amazing!
RE: Cervical Collar - amazing!
See I don't show up on your posts anymore and you can quote me on that.  Laugh-a-lot
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 03:14 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Could be when your sitting up your holding your breath to get up or your head is dropping forward when your sitting. The machine thinks there's an obstruction so something your doing while sitting up is cutting off airflow.

(11-08-2017, 02:26 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: See I don't show up on your posts anymore and you can quote me on that.  Laugh-a-lot

ONLY because I ERASED it before sending (unlike this one) Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='230466' dateline='1509653699']
Walla WallaCould be when your sitting up your holding your breath to get up or your head is dropping forward when your sitting. The machine thinks there's an obstruction so something your doing while sitting up is cutting off airflow.
[/quote]

(11-08-2017, 02:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I told you so!  WTF did you expect?

BTW i’m Fine with PS 4.0 but not the low EPAP or limits on IPAP.

EXACTLY what I got, thank You Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Below the quick reply box press unselect them and hopefully walls walk as reply will be gone it looks like you have a multiple quote stuck in the system
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2017, 02:43 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Below the quick reply box press unselect them and hopefully walls walk as reply will be gone it looks like you have a multiple quote stuck in the system

Appears that was the problem.  Let's see if it stays away!
THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
HOO-AH! Grouphug3

Just got the OK for [get this]: 

Exact settings analogous to the CPAP  as you suggested SR..

Mode: Vauto
EPAP min 10
PS: 3
IPAP max 20

..Along with the caveat, "Call us back if you need more air".. Big Grinnie

I know I looked like Mr Pi$$y Pants, but I have been called that and more before.  I should confess I was a paid negotiator for 30 years..
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that this is all GREEK to me and I don't speak Greek or Vauto.  "Confused" is putting it mildly.  About the time I think I may be understanding some of it I find I don't.  Perhaps this will make sense to you?

After verifying the new clinician settings I put in a humidity of 6.  Woke up maybe 4 hours later feeling like I was in a very warm container and the air was thin, couldn't feel like I was getting a full breath of air.  Realizing, I wasn't suffocating but it was a sensation, I slept another couple hours and again woke up feeling the same way.  The sleep report screen at this time was showing 10 to 13 --I was expecting to see 10 to 20 maybe?  Decided to shut off the humidity and noted the incoming air soon felt cooler and like it again had oxygen in it.  Got some more sleep and before shutting it down noted the sleep report screen said 14.3 to 17.3.  It was noticeably better but still felt I would like more incoming.  Lastly I checked the Sleep Report and it showed a Pressure-12.9 and Exp Pressure-16.6.  I remember you said on a Vauto the PS figures into the IPAP but I cannot juggle the figures to come up with much of anything I have seen. 

At this point I don't have any idea if this machine is working properly or even what settings to ask for.   Hammer

Not much improved SleepyHead https://imgur.com/a/sz9qs
Post Reply Post Reply
You are indeed maxing out the pressure. For humidity, I like manual mode at a setting of 3 or 4 with hose temperature at 78 to 80 degrees. YMMV

I think EPAP minimum definitely needs to come up now. Lets start moving to EPAP min 13, PS 4, IPAP max 25. You have pretty remarkable obstruction, and the collar is not doing the job I would expect. If we don't see some pretty appreciable improvement, you may need to return to the sleep clinic to find out what is going on. By moving IPAP to the maximum, you are now using pressures CPAP cannot reach, and we kind of anticipated that would occur. You are rapidly approaching pressures enjoyed by Walla Walla.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 10:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You are indeed maxing out the pressure.  For humidity, I like manual mode at a setting of 3 or 4 with hose temperature at 78 to 80 degrees.  YMMV

I think EPAP minimum definitely needs to come up now.  Lets start moving to EPAP min 13, PS 4, IPAP max 25.  You have pretty remarkable obstruction, and the collar is not doing the job I would expect.  If we don't see some pretty appreciable improvement, you may need to return to the sleep clinic to find out what is going on.  By moving IPAP to the maximum, you are now using pressures CPAP cannot reach, and we kind of anticipated that would occur.  You are rapidly approaching pressures enjoyed by Walla Walla.

Much appreciated, God knows I don't have much more hair to pull out.  I'll get on trying for authorization (again) from the Doc to keep it official if possible.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 7 545 04-11-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 321 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 275 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 644 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 479 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 389 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 589 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.