Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cervical Collar - amazing!
RE: Cervical Collar - amazing!
zzzZ one suggestion I can make, if you are concerned about making changes, and can't get the PA today, just increase the IPAP max setting to at least 20. The machine will get there, although you will have more events than if EPAP min was properly set.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 03:14 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Could be when your sitting up your holding your breath to get up or your head is dropping forward when your sitting. The machine thinks there's an obstruction so something your doing while sitting up is cutting off airflow.

Ohwell
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='230466' dateline='1509653699']
Walla WallaCould be when your sitting up your holding your breath to get up or your head is dropping forward when your sitting. The machine thinks there's an obstruction so something your doing while sitting up is cutting off airflow.
[/quote]

(11-07-2017, 03:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: zzzZ one suggestion I can make, if you are concerned about making changes, and can't get the PA today, just increase the IPAP max setting to at least 20.  The machine will get there, although you will have more events than if EPAP min was properly set.

Left a message for the PA to call tomorrow.  [Will she? Dunno]  I'll try to get assent to change to the APAP duplicate you suggested previously.

Maybe if I told her I needed more air she might be more inclined?? (It's OK now but I could use more)
Post Reply Post Reply
Worst scenario, if Doctor will not authorize it, might be to pull the SD card for a night, reset what we want, and put it back to where it was the next day with the original SD card in it. And see if it improves. But, probably a problem as the automatic cell-phone link would probably 'tattle' on me for doing that?!
Post Reply Post Reply
Look Z, you're a grown adult. Go to My Options and scroll down Airplane Mode, select and turn ON, exit.

Now, push the big control knob and little home button at the same time, select settings, and make your therapy changes. Do you really need someone else to make, what you know to be bad decisions, for you? You understand your therapy needs much better at this point than the pointy headed PA. Get a good and healthy night sleep.

Oh yeah. quit quoting Walla! He's going to get a big smilie head if you keep it up
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin Big Grinnie
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 03:14 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Could be when your sitting up your holding your breath to get up or your head is dropping forward when your sitting. The machine thinks there's an obstruction so something your doing while sitting up is cutting off airflow.

[Image: oh-jeez.gif] REALLY! this D#MN thing pops up every time I click REPLY.  I gotta glitch here and it is above my pay grade!!
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='230466' dateline='1509653699']
Walla WallaCould be when your sitting up your holding your breath to get up or your head is dropping forward when your sitting. The machine thinks there's an obstruction so something your doing while sitting up is cutting off airflow.
[/quote]

(11-07-2017, 03:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Look Z, you're a grown adult.  Go to My Options and scroll down Airplane Mode, select and turn ON, exit.

Now, push the big control knob and little home button at the same time, select settings, and make your therapy changes. Do you really need someone else to make, what you know to be bad decisions, for you?  You understand your therapy needs much better at this point than the pointy headed PA.  Get a good and healthy night sleep.

Oh yeah. quit quoting Walla!  He's going to get a big smilie head if you keep it up

Mr pi$$y-pants here;  Dielaughing   You are right of course.

I'm going to use it one more night set where it is and if she doesn't call back or agree to the change tomorrow I will take an airplane ride and dial in your settings.  If that will produce a low AHI reading to stick under their noses I don't know how it could hurt anything but their pride.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 06:39 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: I'm going to use it one more night set where it is and if she doesn't call back or agree to the change tomorrow I will take an airplane ride and dial in your settings.  If that will produce a low AHI reading to stick under their noses I don't know how it could hurt anything but their pride.

No 'I told you so's" please.. Fully expected from what you predicted.  The last night's chart is wild with a total 421 apnea events.  Along with trophies for zero apneas I suggest a trophy for the highest number of events. Bigwink  (wonder what it is?)

Waiting on a return call from the PA today to see what she says before changing anything but something will be changed before going to bed with this machine again.  That latest SleepyHead AHI is 7-times what we got with the APAP before switching machines.

Here is a posting in 3-parts from last night as a whole and in parts.  If this prompts any update to your previous "CPAP analogous settings Mode: Vauto  EPAP min 10  PS:3  IPAP max 20" after seeing this demon please advise.  Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/6omoI
Post Reply Post Reply
I told you so! WTF did you expect?

BTW i’m Fine with PS 4.0 but not the low EPAP or limits on IPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 7 547 04-11-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 321 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 276 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 646 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 481 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 389 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 591 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.