Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cervical Collars
I forgot to take my cervical collar with me for the two nights we were gone over Thanksgiving. Using the collar has kept me as low as zero leaks (last night). On those two nights my leak chart on SH look like a chain of mountains. I had a major leak or two one night--most were pretty small and I had good AHIs both nights. Good lesson--I won't forget that collar again!
Post Reply Post Reply
When I am so tired that I fall asleep and forget my Ball and Chain It hurts me and I tell myself that I will never do it again.
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I asked my physical therapist today about the use of soft foam collars for keeping the mouth closed at night. He thought it was a cool idea, better than taping. He said if your neck has no issues, and as long as you are only wearing it while sleeping, you aren't doing any muscle damage. But if you have neck issues, it is probably not a good idea. He wasn't keen on the idea of rigid ones being used since they must be fitted and if they are not fitted correctly, you may do damage just due to the bad positioning.

Daria, we did briefly start discussing jaw placement but were disrupted when he hit a tender spot and I threatened his testicles.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Dielaughing
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Threats notwithstanding, has anyone checked to see if there are any negatives to wearing a chin strap all night??
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried wearing a cervical collar for three weeks. It just didn't work out for me. My AHI increased a great deal, I didn't sleep as well with the collar and I tended to roll over onto my back while wearing the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  soft cervical collar replaces cpap? christian4870 34 1,031 07-28-2017, 12:59 AM
Last Post: ajack
Smile soft cervical collar christian4870 3 259 07-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: chill
  Cervical Collar did the job Walla Walla 5 285 07-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Dry mouth even with taped mouth and cervical collar st8800 16 700 07-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Cervical collar and Chin Strap st8800 4 273 06-20-2017, 07:56 AM
Last Post: st8800
  Best Tension Techniques for a Cervical Collar Crimson Nape 5 258 06-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Chin Strap or Cervical Collar??? dhackle2000 11 615 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: chill