Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] jschmoyer - Therapy Thread
[split] jschmoyer - Therapy Thread
First time posting here, so bear with me please.
My wife and I just change pulmonary doctors and she insisted on new sleep studies even though both of us had them done 2 years ago.
My wife was called back for a second sleep study, this time using a XPAP machine (I assume since they adjusted it remotely while she slept)
She just recieved a call telling her the doctor recommended a BiPAP machine "since she did much better with it".

My wife currently sleeps with a ResMed 10 Airsense Autoset (8-20, avg. press. 10.96) with EPR on at 3.
OSCAR reports her AHI over the last year as ranging from a high of 0.51 to a low of 0.00, averaging 0.32.
We thought that meant things were good. Are we missing something?
All of the above we will be discussing with the doctor in our upcoming appointment, but with an AHI that low is there something we are not seeing that we should ask about?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
Hi jschmoyer! - Welcome

Post a screenshot of one of the Daily screens will allow us to form a better opinion. Please use the F12key, so it will provide the image we need. A 2-minute zoomed image of the flow rate would be helpful as well.

Also, since this another member's thread, I am splitting your post into its own thread. I will be naming it, jschmoyer - Therapy Thread. I will be sending a confirmation PM, describing this action, to you as well.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] jschmoyer - Therapy Thread
The numbers look good but there are other factors.
BiPAP typically with a higher pressure differential (4 vs 3 with EPR) is more comfortable.  
Believe it or not most medical personnel don't recognize that EPR is basically a limited BiPAP only recognizing it as a comfort feature (that can therefore be ignored).

Your charts will tell us if there is something else going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are theses OK ?
She takes a prescribed diuretic twice a day, which causes her to get up during the night for relief.
And then sometimes since she is up anyway, she tends to "chores" before going back to bed.
Her yearly average is 7:15 hours per night.
We just switched from EPR 1 to EPR 3 and she prefers this, but it hasn't been long enough for her to really settle into it.

Post Reply Post Reply
*BUMP*
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limits are driving the pressure so high.   Since you are at the maximum EPR that this machine can provide, and the flow limit is going to drive the AS10 to its maximum set pressure, I would reduce the maximum to 10 cm.  Actually, the flow limit is going to negate the use of a variable pressure range and may necessitate going to a fixed pressure.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You.
Should we reduce the maximum pressure all at once or in steps to allow her to adjust to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would drop it all at once. It is far easier to experience a lower pressure than an increased one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 4 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,365 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.