Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Change Accepted" message over and over again
"Change Accepted" message over and over again
Using EncorePro I modified my "prescription" so as to make "additional screens" visible in my "My Info" DreamMapper screens - data such as AHI and Periodic Breathing which was not showing previously.
I then "downloaded" this modified Encore prescription to my SD Card - successfully.
I then replaced the SD in my Dreammapper and it immediately reported "Change Accepted" and I was able to view the results about AHI and PB - Great!
However ...
Now EVERY TIME that I use the machine (turn on the blower) then when I turn it OFF I receive AGAIN the "Change Accepted - Click to close" message screen.
I have tried turning off the power for a few minutes and then reinstating it but then as soon as it has initialized I receive ONCE AGAIN the "Change Accepted" message.
One anyone happen to know WHY this is now happening, and - more importantly - how I could get rid of this "annoyance" - at least until I decide to change the prescrition again for some reason or other.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Change Accepted" message over and over again
My best guess is that Encore wrote a file onto the card with the update instructions and the Dreamstation does not automatically erase this after updating.  If you can figure out which file it is, you can just delete it.  The date and time should help with this.  Otherwise, import all of your data into Sleepyhead and erase the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your SD card still write protected? Sounds like the machine can't erase the file that contains your changes after it applied them. If it is not write-protected, you could possibly put the SD into your computer and delete the file that contains your setting changes.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Tks for the info and suggestion. Will investigate the SD file contents further and get back later
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2017, 03:03 PM)AlanE Wrote: Is your SD card still write protected? Sounds like the machine can't erase the file that contains your changes after it applied them. If it is not write-protected, you could possibly put the SD into your computer and delete the file that contains your setting changes.

I am confused with this write-protect thingy :-(

Every time I put the SD card in my Win7 desktop I move the slider at the side of the SD to what Sleepyhead shows to be the LOCKED position - as recommended.

Strange thing is that when I put the SD in Encore with the slider still "locked" and told it to download the new prescription it reported success and when I put the SD back in the DreamStation (with the slider moved back to normal position) I could see that the DS has successfully read the updated prescription.

So it would "appear" that the LOCKED position of the slider doesn't inhibit writing to the SD. Weird!

If I was putting the SD back in the DS with Write-protect enabled then surely it wouldn't also be able to write the latest day's data to the SD and then that data wouldn't show up in Dreammapper and Sleepyhead reports, would it? But it does! Or does the DS NOT obey a write-protect setting?

Now the problem is that there are over 1700 files on my SD card! Finding out which one holds the prescription update ain't going to be simple.

Investigating further ...
Post Reply Post Reply
make a backup of the card to your desktop, change your settings like you did before and write them to the card then sort by most recent created file. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2017, 02:03 PM)chill Wrote: My best guess is that Encore wrote a file onto the card with the update instructions and the Dreamstation does not automatically erase this after updating.  If you can figure out which file it is, you can just delete it.  The date and time should help with this.  Otherwise, import all of your data into Sleepyhead and erase the SD card.

Chill - some help pls!

"... import all of your date into Sleepyhead..." - do you mean clicking on "File-Import Data" in Sleephead?

"...erase the SD card" - just deleting the root folder in the SD using Windows?

Then how do I get the data back to the SD card? Is it just "Data-Rebuild CPAP Data" in Sleepyhead?

Tks for any assistance :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2017, 05:45 PM)AlanE Wrote: make a backup of the card to your desktop, change your settings like you did before and write them to the card then sort by most recent created file. Smile

As we've just passed midnight here I will now give this a try as it'll be easier now!

here we go ...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2017, 06:13 PM)Roncador Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 05:45 PM)AlanE Wrote: make a backup of the card to your desktop, change your settings like you did before and write them to the card then sort by most recent created file. Smile

As we've just passed midnight here I will now give this a try as it'll be easier now!

here we go ...

Got it!

"reuse.000" created 080817@0022

It contains 79 bytes of binary information: O  ]     d+ ,-<.€/ 01`2`3€6 7 89 : ;@< >€? lÀÙ°

The next stage will be to delete (after saving it) this file from the SD and then remount it in the DS and see what happens.

However, as I'm due at the Sleep Lab in the local hospital for a review tomorrow morning, I think that I will leave this test until AFTER the review. Better safe than sorry!

I'll test it on return - watch this space!

I'm still confused about the LOCK position on the SD card that "supposedly" inhibits writing :-(

This last test of writing a new prescription to find a today's date file was done with the lock slider in the down/back position that is shown ion the Sleepyhead Welcome screen :-(

Any thoughts, anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - I've solved the LOCKED / NOT LOCKED thingy.

The problem is that MY card reader does NOT check for the position of the slider so it doesn't matter what position I put the slider in so the SD will ALWAYS be write-enabled :-(

For the information of those who don't know this here's what I found on the net:

"In fact, the lock switch has no bearing on the internals of the SD card at all. If you rip an old SD card apart you will see that it is nothing more than a little plastic slider that rides in a groove, and does not affect the electronics of the card itself.
Its position is sensed by a small switch -- often just a spring-loaded little bit of metal -- inside the card slot on the card reader. When the switch is in the "lock" position it engages the switch in the reader and it tells your computer (or whatever device), "Hey, this thing is locked, don't write to it."
It is 100% up to the manufacturer of the reader to ensure that the lock functionality works and is supported. Many cheap Chinese knockoff card readers, especially those that do not fully encapsulate the card and leave it sticking part or most of the way out of the slot, don't support the lock switch at all. You can leave the switch in whatever position you want and it will have no effect."

I physically checked my card reader - no visible switch - "Made in China" :-(

After my hospital visit tomorrow I'll be looking for a new card reader!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 187 7 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 348 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 302 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,895 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,853 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 351 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.