Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Change Accepted" message over and over again
RE: "Change Accepted" message over and over again
Well, well! I certainly have shown my high level of "newbieness" in the last 24 hours :-(

All is solved here! Both the lock/not locked card problem AND the always showing "Change Accepted" message!

Locked / not locked:
As I pointed out earlier the problem was with my CARD READER that didn't have a locked-checking dispositive incorporated into its design - at least it appears that the El Cheapo Chinese version doesn't :-(

Now to the "Change Accepted" repetative message:
In the EncorePro software, on the page presented after doing a "SAVE" of edited prescription data, there is a button to press called "SEND" which writes the updated data to the SDcard data.

However, in the middle of the page there is a box to tick (or not) called "Erase prescription after successful delivery"

Think about these two words: "SEND" -> "delivery"

My newbie brain looked at the two words "send" and "delivery" and interpeted the box tick to mean "erase the prescription from Encore" as "delivery" must be the result of writing ("SENDing") the data to the SDcard, NOT to mean "Erase the prescription CHANGE from the SDcard after replacing the SDcard in the DreamStation" - so I have been "unticking" the box :-(

I have now "ticked" the box in this "Erase" option and, after replacing the SDcard in my DS the message has disappeared. Problem solved!

I would like to express my heartflet thanks to you guys who have been assisting me to sort out this small problem. I certainly have learnt a lot about my CPAP, SDcard file structure,etc in the process. And also to apologize for creating so much fuss over a problem that turned out in the end, as so often happens in all forums, to be my own silly newbie fault, for having made a mountain out of a molehill SDcard ;-)

Thanks to you guys, and SLEEP WELL!
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent resolution, Roncador! And think you for coming back and telling us. As you've no doubt noticed, most of us use SleepyHead software, so our knowledge of Encore Pro is rather deficient. I, at least, will try to file this tidbit of knowledge away for future use.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2017, 09:30 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Excellent resolution, Roncador! And think you for coming back and telling us. As you've no doubt noticed, most of us use SleepyHead software, so our knowledge of Encore Pro is rather deficient. I, at least, will try to file this tidbit of knowledge away for future use.

Thanks again!

Greets pholynyk, I also use only SleepyHead most of the time but I wanted to update my "prescription", changing some of the parameters - which may include cmH20 values in the future, and I have to use EncorePro to do this as it appears, at least to my newbie eyes, that SleepyHead is "read-only", i.e. no prescription updating is possible. Am I correct in this way of thinking?
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct Sleepyhead cannot write prescription data. It will store data in its own format but should not alter the data on the SD card.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2017, 10:00 AM)AlanE Wrote: Correct Sleepyhead cannot write prescription data. It will store data in its own format but should not alter the data on the SD card.

Thanks for that AlanE ! So it appears that I did right by going thru the long drawn out pain involved in installing EncorePro - now I can play! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roncador,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s great that you found a solution to your problem.

Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 12:05 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Roncador,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s great that you found a solution to your problem.

Good luck with CPAP therapy.

Tks for the Greets trish Smile 
Yes, first couple of problems sorted - turned out to be all down to newbie ignorance Sad

Now I'm battling with SleepyHead "Calculating Unintentional Leaks" and setting up Leak Thresholds (Redlines)

For the INTENTIONAL leaks this is what I've come up with for my F-F Amara operating @ 10 cmH2O:

(54-21)*(10-4) / (20-4) + 21 = 33.375 => 33SLPM !!!!!!

which is pretty close to SleepyHead's default assumed value of:

(48.3-20.1)*(10-4) / (20-4) + 20.1 = 30.7 => 31SLPM

This CPAP business is starting to get complicated and soon I won't be able to sleep just worrying about getting the Math correct!
Bigwink Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can't sleep, you won't get Sleep apnea ---> Problem Solved!

We're here to help...   Huhsign

Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I ran across the same delete after delivery question recently and I was just lucky enough to have guessed right! M glad you figured it out.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roncador, the Philips machine you use is not affected by system files. Only the Resmed S9 was affected by this problem. The advise to lock the SD card is unnecessary for all other machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 40 11 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,714 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.