Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User!
New User!
Howdy, all.
New cpap user here. I got my machine almost two weeks ago and have been using it every night. I have installed Sleepyhead and have been importing the data regularly. Just curious about which numbers/graphs should I be concerned about. The AHI number is what I see mentioned the most, but it's graph is not super meaningful. Also, if posting an image, which of the graphs should be included?

Anyway, glad I found this board. Lots of good information and the people seem very knowledgeable and helpful. Looking forward to learning more from you all..
Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User!
Sleepyhead takes a screenshot by using F12 and roughly 5 of the graphs will display at per screenshot.
Here's the recommended display http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2016, 11:07 PM)SKClay Wrote: Howdy, all.
New cpap user here. I got my machine almost two weeks ago and have been using it every night. I have installed Sleepyhead and have been importing the data regularly. Just curious about which numbers/graphs should I be concerned about.

Sam

Along with the summary numbers for Apneas, Hypopneas, RERAs, and CSR, I only look at the following graphs: Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, and Leak Rate.

The event flags allow me to drill down to see what happened before, during, and after a reported event. I look at the flow data for uniformity and to spot things like sudden spikes (rescue breaths) or periodic (CSR) breathing. I look at the pressure to consider further action. And, I look at leakage -- tells me when to trim my beard or replace cushions.

Because these numbers are algorithmically derived from pressure and flow sensors, I only look at trends and am generally not concerned about individual results unless they repeat frequently.

Hope this helps. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, and here is mine.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SKClay,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,152 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.