Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change In Status (Peeing at night)
Change In Status (Peeing at night)
So I have had my CPAP machine for almost a year and have mode wonderful progress. Most importantly, I was getting up in the middle of the night to pee which I thought was a prostate issue (which is being medicated) but was told it was an apnea issue. Sure enough, after a few months of CPAP, the night time peeing ended.

Went for a blood test 2 weeks ago and found all is well except my liver. I have always been a night time eater. I decided to stop eating at night and only eat during the daylight hours.

I also go to bed at 10 instead of 12.

Now I am finding that even though I am stopping food and water after 6, I go to bed at 10, wake up at midnight , feeling fully fresh like its 6 AM, but have to pee.

I find I am getting up maybe twice a night both times to pee around 12 and 3.

Is my new diet throwing me off?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change In Status (Peeing at night)
Please fill in your equipment on your profile. Do you have a data capable machine? Are you checking your AHI and other numbers.

Once possibility is that your therapy isn't working as well right now and your AHI has gone up.

Don't fall victim to CPAP blindness and blame everything on apnea/CPAP. Even normal people have nighttime urination problems.

One thing to try is drinking more water at the right time of day. Sometimes, flushing out the waste products from your body with water may actually lead to less urination later. You need to urinate for more reasons than to eliminate water from your body.

To expound, try drinking a lot of water around 7 or so. Enough water to get you fully hydrated and let you urinate out the excess before bedtime.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change In Status (Peeing at night)
Hi Larry. That sounds pretty rotten, I loath it when I wake up at midnight feeling its 6am. I know I am in for a long night when it happens. If it were me, I would mention it to the doctor next time I saw him/her.

When you are drinking fluids in the evening, is it just water? I know if I drink a diet cola that is a bit of a diuretic. Avoid caffeine at night.

I need a pee now!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,705 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 366 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  EPR Change to Help With Flow Limits? upsman 4 362 01-22-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.