Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change Name in Resmed S9 Autoset
Change Name in Resmed S9 Autoset
Does anyone know how to change the name associated with this machine? I was given this machine by a woman who used it for 2 weeks and didn't like it. The problem is that every time my doctor loads the data from my SD Card her name appears on the report. I have the clinicians manual, but do not see where it shows how to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change Name in Resmed S9 Autoset
Are you using her card, too? That's the only place it can be stored. Either get another card and start over or reformat the card. You will lose your data too so make a backup of it. Make a back up of only the data that contains the dates since you started using it. Make a folder on your desktop and mimic the folder layout of the card. Then drag/drop all the files that have dates since you obtained it into the folders of the same name. Then reformat it.

if you didn't already, also erase user data on the machine. it won't remove machine hours but will erase all of her usage. You *might* have to reset the pressure setting to your setting, I can't remember.

If you have the clinician manual, it explains how to do this.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 01:21 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: if you didn't already, also erase user data on the machine. it won't remove machine hours but will erase all of her usage. You *might* have to reset the pressure setting to your setting, I can't remember.

Yes, it will reset the machine settings to factory default. So, I'd write them down before doing a reset.

Also, a patients name is not on the SD card. The machine serial number is on the card. The doc needs to update his patient profiles in his software to reflect the new owner of the machine.

Serial number is what connects a person to their machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 01:15 PM)Waldo Wrote: Does anyone know how to change the name associated with this machine? I was given this machine by a woman who used it for 2 weeks and didn't like it. The problem is that every time my doctor loads the data from my SD Card her name appears on the report. I have the clinicians manual, but do not see where it shows how to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For S10 users ... It is possible that your doctor's office is not even reading your SD card, but is simply looking at ResMed's software which associates a machines identification number with a patient. If this is the case, you may have additional data that is not associated with your therapy on the account. Check with the office to see if they are using ResMed's myAir or AirView systems. As your DME to produce a "date" report and review the data; many of the larger DMEs use AirView to check compliance and send the doctor's office summary reports.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I was thinking maybe her DME had set it that way. So they have the same sleep doc who is associating her machine with his? Oy, that's a mess in the making. If that's the way it is, I'd raise a stink.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm definitely confused at this point. I have had this machine for almost 2 years now. I formatted the SD card when I got the machine and I have even purchased a new card. I don't know how they would have her info and name stored at my doctors as she is from another state and not a patient of theirs. From the very first time I have brought my card into the doc to have the data loaded it has come up showing her name and they have to change it to me manually. When I received the machine I took it to a local Lincare to have the flow set. Maybe I should talk to them at this point. Thank you all for your info!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever looked at MyAir online data? What name is associated with your machine serial number there?

Your DME may have to contact Resmed on your behalf and update the server with the correct patient information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 does not have myair; but Resmed may still have a name associated with the modem - assuming there is one.

have you created and registered a profile at resmed?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no modem. I physically take the sd card to my doc and they load it into their system.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, they just have to assign your machine's serial number to your name on their computer system.
(And perhaps delete that SN from the other patients file)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 523 38 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 44 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,456 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,717 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 488 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.