Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change Request - OSCAR overview Line chart
Change Request - OSCAR overview Line chart
Hi Team,
In overview Tab, bar graphs are hard to track the trend, so is there a way to have an option to change the graph to line chart instead?

Also can you please add option to export all details, e.g. Tidal volume, respiratory rate, minute volume,...etc, so we can study more details about the trend via excel processing for such important informations.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change Request - OSCAR overview Line chart
(08-20-2019, 07:44 AM)adiabuali Wrote: Hi Team,
In overview Tab, bar graphs are hard to track the trend, so is there a way to have an option to change the graph to line chart instead?

Also can you please add option to export all details, e.g. Tidal volume, respiratory rate, minute volume,...etc, so we can study more details about the trend via excel processing for such important informations.

I'll log your suggestion for a line chart option to a bar chart in the Overview tab.

Are you saying you want more details added to File/Export CSV?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks...yes, since thise details can be seen only on overview tab and can't be exported , again for example Tidal Volume.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right now, what gets exported are session or daily statistical values.
Adding periodic values will create considerably bigger files, since the csv format is not particularly efficient at that.
I'm not familiar with the PR data formats, but the edf format that Resmed uses is actually a good format for this kind of repetitive data.
Creating minute by minute averages from OSCAR's database will be, I think, a non-trivial project.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see...to overcome this, you might limit the CSV format for such details to be only on daily basis (not min. By min.).... practically, this mean you just export the overview graphs tab information which are already in daily basis (not min
 By min.).

Hope I was clear in my suggestion.

Can you please eloborate more on ResMed edf format?, Is this the raw data I got from the MacroSD from the unit, or data processed via their website/application?

If its the later one, so unfortunately non-US residents can use their portal as its transffered via US GSM carriers only from the unit directly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at EDFplus.info European Data Format
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting...will dig in more.

Meanwhile, hope you will consider the line chart option in next version.

Thanks alot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it would be possible to add the various values on a session or daily basis. Right now it exports the median (or average), the (90 or 95) percentile and the max for various parameters, and adding TV, MV and RR and some others should be fairly easy.

The edf format I mentioned is a mostly text format described at https://www.edfplus.info 

There is a very nice browser at https://www.teuniz.net/edfbrowser/ 

It is the format of the files in the DATALOG directory on Resmed SD card, and is what OSCAR uses when it imports data.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hooe we see such (line graphs and extra details exported) in near releases....am sure it will add a value for this great application.

Thanks for all team.
Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk, it's been more than 2 years since I looked into it but at the time I was unable to figure out how to access the underlying event by event level flow limitation data for export to a spreadsheet. brain fog was pretty bad back then so maybe I just missed it.

I did not and do not trust the flow limitation stats in SH and oscar and wanted to play around with those numbers to check for accuracy. great if you can add flow limitation to your list of "some others" to add if you haven't already.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR [green line but not red line] liebano 2 88 03-26-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: liebano
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 750 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 410 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 562 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,240 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  OSCAR Profile page recent change GordK 3 546 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.