Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Change mask to improve ahi score
Change mask to improve ahi score
I’m using a dream station two with Respironics sub nasal mask. my AHI scores have been ranging  between two. Three and six depending on whether or not I use Xanax at night. Believe it or not it is better when I take the Xanax. If I switch to a resmed full nose mask.airfit n30 Can this improve my ahi scores
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change mask to improve ahi score
I certainly believe they can. It's because masks have different size volumes inside them, and with fixed pressure, they have different air flow quantity. Also, I've noticed that I get OA clustering with full-face, and not with nasal masks. So, I encourage you to try out different masks. I would set the minimum pressure to 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to use EPR, 5 won't be of much help. Regardless of the EPR setting, the machine cannot go lower than 4. So if you are at 5, you will only get EPR of 1, regardless of the setting, because machine minimum is 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with Resmed AIRfit n20  ahi score was 1.5.   It has never been this low in 3 years
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used N20 and liked it except for the exhaust jet coming straight out of the mask. This can be a big negative for your bed partner. On the other hand, if you are single then it is not an issue to begin with. Glad you found one that works for you.

As you may know, all masks have exhale ports to get rid of the exhaled CO2 so you don't rebreathe it. Some masks have strong exhaust from one port, while others have the same amount of exhaust but diffused.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,711 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 525 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 347 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.