Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
[attachment=4836][attachment=4837][attachment=4838]

I originally started Bi-PAP usage in 03/2011. The Remed machine began to turn off at random times during the night in 11/2017. It would come back on after a few minutes.
The Dr. prescribed a new machine. 
I received an Aircurve 10 VPAP-S machine and started to use it 02/28/2018. I am not sure it is the correct machine. The Dr. used the results of the original sleep study which was 30 AHI. They were never able to titrate me during the 3 sleep studies.
I feel better than I did with the old machine after it started to malfunction, but I still have bad mornings. Apneas vary from 3 - 10. In 2011 my setting were 20/16 but it was reduced to 16/12 by the Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
gwc, your obstructive events are clustered, and I think they would respond better to a soft cervical collar than a change in pressure. A few times per night your chin tuck to your chest, or your airway becomes otherwise occluded due to your sleeping position and poor alignment of the airway. Many of our members have found they significantly reduce OA events by preventing positional apnea using a soft cervical collar.

CA events could be reduced by cutting your pressure support slightly. You could try settings of 16/13 or 15/12 and probably improve that aspect of your treatment. If you have copies of any of the sleep titration studies, we might be able to see what the problem was in titrating you. Also, do you know the settings on your old machine? If it was a S9, you could probably drop the SD card into sleepyhead and see what your old therapy was prior to replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=4842]

Thanks for the reply Sleeprider. Attached is a read out from the old bipap. General question: on the old machine sleepyhead would show pressure pulses. Does the aircurve provide the pressure pulses?
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have a copy of the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go through your settings for Comfort on the Aircurve VPAP S and see if Easy-Breathe is enabled. If not, enable that. I can't tell from your charts. Easy-Breathe is similar to the flow modifications of BiFlex.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the AirCurve 10 S the same capability as the RemStar bipap pro with bi-flex?
Post Reply Post Reply
Easy Breath was set to ON.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading more on the forum I checked the hours usage. I got the machine 2/28/18 and it has 711 hours on it. This really ticks me off. I have not been feeling that well (rested) since I got the machine. When I take it back is there another machine that I should request?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can get your doctor to prescribe the Vauto it would be fantastic. The rationale is you're not getting as good results, and a Vauto or BiPAP Auto would automatically provide titration and change pressure to meet your needs. The fact you got a used machine anyway, makes a good excuse to return it and ask for the Vauto. Like with CPAP, a bilevel device is the same billing code, whether it is fixed or automatic.

Both the BiPAP Pro and VPAP S provide fixed bilevel pressure. There may be some minor differences, but both provide fixed bilevel pressure and are equivalent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I have contacted the Dr. and told them about the hours on the machine as well as the fact I am not resting well. I asked about a different type machine that would auto titrate.They are going to contact the DME supplier and get back with me. She said she would not accept the used machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 112 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,067 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 200 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,615 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 356 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 512 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 321 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.