Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice
I think your pressure is 15.8/11 PS:4.8, because you are s and not st, you won't breath stack. Ti isn't as important and you can open it up some.
It seems to be mostly an issue when you are falling asleep, at the beginning of the night. Most of the rest of the night is good. median insp 1.46 exp 2.24 and is fine. Whatever the rise time is, I'd leave it at that, overall it looks ok, till you can get to your next appointment. I think it's just the way you breathe.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The median inspiration rate is well within the 3.4 second TiMax, so the problem is much less acute. Your median respiration rate is 15 BPM which is (60/15) an average breath cycle of 4-seconds. For some reason, during sleep onset your respiration rate becomes quite slow as both inspiration and expiration rate climb to about 2.7-2.8 seconds. Average insp rate falls back to 1.4 through the night which is pretty normal. In short, I have no clue why you push the inspiration time at sleep onset. There is no suggestion in your flow rate that you are achieving a higher volume, so this may be your reaction to using the mask or a sense of claustrophobia...who knows. It looks like everything is fine and working out for the night.

I might ask you for a copy of your SD card if you're willing. The data on the VPAP-S clearly needs some work, and JediMark might be able to repair the statistics and include the EPAP flow rate since he is actively working on a new release now. Your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I send the data to you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Latest SH chart. I found that once I increased TiMAX to 4.0 I could turn off ramp. I did not feel like I couldn't breathe. I feel sore, tired with eyes having sand in them. The CA's really went up last night. I slept with a cervical collar. I was tired yesterday and irratible yesterday and had to take a nap around 4PM.

any thoughts appreciated.

[attachment=5071]
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not had any success with the DME getting a Vauto. I purchased my own Vauto from ebay. Received it today. The settings on 10 S are 15.8/13. Any suggestions on pressure settings for the Vauto?

[attachment=5197]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd probably start with Minimum EPAP 13 PS 3 Maximum IPAP of 18cm and than allow a few days to trend. Than adjust as needed.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
THANKS wALLA wALLA. i NOTICED THE ps=4 and was not sure about it either. I will try your recomndation
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP is for OA, PS is for H events. It looks like you are doing okay, and may be able to tolerate a lower starting EPAP with PS 4. I would set EPAP min 13, PS 4.0 and let it go where it wants up to 20. Not disagreeing with Walla, but would like to see a higher PS given the number of hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 112 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,067 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 200 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,615 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 355 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 512 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 320 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.