Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed machines
Changed machines
Hello again.  I had posted before asking the difference between the Resmed AirCurve vs Resmed AirSense.  I had been using a borrowed AirCurve while waiting 6 months for a sleep study (long story).  After sleep study the Dr prescribed a CPAP and was sent a AirSense, which I have been using for the last 3 days.  
I tried to attach the last 3 days results of both machines in this post, but I'm only able to attach 3 at a time.  So I'll attach the last 3 nights with the AirCurve to this post and will attach the first 3 nights with AirSense to another post.
Let me know what you think.

PS. I would like to say thank you to all that are helping us get thru this.  I'm amazed seeing all the help you have been giving people on this forum.

Here is the screenshot for the first 3 nights with the AIRsense.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changed machines
I see they didn't bother titrating you... the classic 4-20  Oh-jeez Crazy

Can you please post your sleep study results and how long have you been consistently using CPAP for?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea, the AirSense machine came programed 4-20.  I have been using the AirCurve for about 2 months.  When I got it, it was set at 10-20 and I messed with the settings and set it to 7-12 trying to relieve all the air I was getting in my stomach.
I have noticed since using the AirSense I have less air in my system.
Also the sleep study was done at home and not at their location.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh... that's not good. These centrals aren't just treatment-emergent then.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dman, welcome. You were using only 2-cm of pressure support with the Aircurve 10 and to be honest the Airsense 10 can give you pretty similar therapy results. When you post charts, it would help if you minimized the monthly calendar so we can see more data. Just click on the triangle in the date line.

With the Aircurve 10 you were using a pressure settings of EPAP min 7.0, maximum pressure 12 and PS 2. On the Airsense 10, the pressure range is 4.0 to 20.0 with EPR 3. Your results were better with the Aircurve 10 because you used less pressure support, and your primary complaint with the Aircurve was aerophagia. I would prefer to use the Aircurve BPAP rather than the Airsense CPAP moving forward, but the choice is yours. I'd like to move to a lower pressure with lower pressure support (EPR). Here are my recommended settings for either machine:

Aircurve 10
Mode Vauto
EPAP min 5.0
Max Pressure 8.0
PS 1.0
Trigger Sensitivity: High

Airsense 10
Minimum 5.0
Maximum 8.0
EPR 1

Give it a try, and I'm sure we will see an improvement in results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 12:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hi Dman, welcome.  You were using only 2-cm of pressure support with the Aircurve 10 and to be honest the Airsense 10 can give you pretty similar therapy results.   When you post charts, it would help if you minimized the monthly calendar so we can see more data. Just click on the triangle in the date line.

With the Aircurve 10 you were using a pressure settings of EPAP min 7.0, maximum pressure 12 and PS 2.  On the Airsense 10, the pressure range is 4.0 to 20.0 with EPR 3. Your results were better with the Aircurve 10 because you used less pressure support, and your primary complaint with the Aircurve was aerophagia. I would prefer to use the Aircurve BPAP rather than the Airsense CPAP moving forward, but the choice is yours.  I'd like to move to a lower pressure with lower pressure support (EPR).  Here are my recommended settings for either machine:

Aircurve 10
Mode Vauto
EPAP min 5.0
Max Pressure 8.0
PS 1.0
Trigger Sensitivity: High

Airsense 10
Minimum 5.0
Maximum 8.0
EPR 1

Give it a try, and I'm sure we will see an improvement in results.

Thanks Sleeprider for the reply.  The reason I'm using the AirSense is for medicare compliance.  After 6 months I finally got a home sleep study and the Airsense machine.  The Dr (GP)I started with quit and I seen the new Dr (GP)and he doesn't know much about it and is setting me up with someone that does (sleep DR?). 
The DME called me and wanted to come and give me the machine and go over how to use it.  After I told him I had been using the Aircurve for a couple months he said he didn't need to come to me and that he would ship me the machine.  There was paperwork with the machine and it looks like they want me to sign and send back to them.  One piece of paperwork said that I was not to make adjustments to the machine.  I have not signed and sent back the paperwork so I may do the adjustments and then play dumb (I'm good at that) if they were to ask me about it.
Which brings up a question, can they see if I make any adjustments and if so what do you think they would do.
I hope you can make sense of all of this, I'm not that good at putting my thoughts to print so bare with me.
Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they can see the data, they can see the settings changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 319 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 358 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 335 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.