Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed to New Mask
Changed to New Mask
After not sleeping I changed to a new mask Res Med AirFit N20.  I feel like I am getting so much more air than the nasal pillow and actually fell asleep a very short time!!!! Progress.  My humidity is set on 10 and temp on 83 but have a very dry mouth and dry gums.   Strange it showed 3.1 events per hour.  At most I was asleep 2 hrs and never slept before with mask in 24 days and had under 1 event each day but one. How can u have events when youre not sleeping and how did I have more when I finally got to sleep? Also the airvent blows out very cold air.  Loud and uncomfortable.

Sorry humidity is on 8 - thats the highest
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changed to New Mask
Do you have a climate line tube that can raise the temp of the air if it feels cold. Normally on the nasal masks the vent only makes a noise if there is something near it like the bed clothes, however the icy blast cam be a problem for ther person you are sleeping with. I had to move from a nasal mask to a full face mask as I am a mouth breather so I get a very dry mouth and showed leaks, I still have a dry mouth with the full face mask but my leaks are minimal.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure where it connects to the mask is pushed in all the way, is doesn't click like the wisp dose. I had to get up once in the night so i disconnected the hose from the mask, it was so noisy so i shut the cpap off and reconnected the short hose to the nasal cushion made sure it was in , and all was quiet. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
To get warm air coming up the hose, you turn the heat setting up. The humidity setting just adds more moisture.

Since I'm not familiar with the Resmed Airserve, does your unit even have features like warm air and humidity? Is the machine on your sidebar maybe not correct? It's hard to give advice to folks unless their sidebar info is exact.

That's an N20 you have, correct? Just for the nose? Not covering the nose and mouth?

When you get a new type of mask, you have to change the mask settings on your unit. This can affect the AHI.

Post SleepyHead charts here and see if someone has input regarding the AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2017, 02:45 PM)Solar Rays Wrote: After not sleeping I changed to a new mask Res Med AirFit N20.  I feel like I am getting so much more air than the nasal pillow and actually fell asleep a very short time!!!! Progress.  My humidity is set on 10 and temp on 83 but have a very dry mouth and dry gums.   Strange it showed 3.1 events per hour.  At most I was asleep 2 hrs and never slept before with mask in 24 days and had under 1 event each day but one. How can u have events when youre not sleeping and how did I have more when I finally got to sleep? Also the airvent blows out very cold air.  Loud and uncomfortable.

Sorry humidity is on 8 - thats the highest

If you go back to the nasal pillows, try a larger size.  If you use the Airfit P10, your experience is shared with many others that you need a larger size than you may think.

Events when not sleeping are not events, but you are restless and breath-holding.  Very common.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Solar Rays,
I hope your new mask works out for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 on larger pillows on the P10. I prefer large, but if I move wrong and unseat the mask, I can't get it back in while under pressure. The medium does just fine. My wife was fitted with the small by the sleep doc, but moved to medium after a few months and no longer complains about being starved for air.

Dry mouth and sore gums may be a sign of mouth leaks. Download Sleepyhead and take a look at your charts to see what is happening in that respect.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 325 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 337 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] Only changed mask, fully aware during REM sleep phase? THEVGE 2 393 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.