Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed to ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO and Dreamwear mask - bit of a rough start
RE: Changed to ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO and Dreamwear mask - bit of a rough start
(12-15-2015, 11:57 AM)PoolQ Wrote: 1. I use 4, Doctor set it and STRONGLY recommended that I not "mess with my pressure" as I tend to mess with everything. Pretty sure there is more than a guess in setting the main 3 numbers.

2. I have humidity off and temp set to 63. This is personal preference, if auto works, fine, if you start feeling congested then play with it.

I don't use that mask, so I have nothing for you there.

(read up on the T1 and T2 settings so you know they are there and what they are for. If you also have COPD these would be therapeutic, otherwise they are comfort settings, I had to increase T1 to be able to breathe)
I looked at the TiControl information and was bit confused so didn't play with that yet. The DME set the TiMin to 0.3s, TiMax to 2.0s, when I look at the sleep report it shows my I:E at 1:2.4, Ti at 1.3s and RR at 14. I think RR is BPM on the TiControl chart, so I think I need to increase the TiMin to 1.0 if I read the chart correctly. Maybe someone else can look at these numbers and let me know what I should try.

(12-15-2015, 02:07 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sacktime,
WELCOMME! to the forum.!
It’s great to hear that you are getting your new machine adjusted for your needs.
I think the Drreamwear is a nasal mask, so you would need to have your mask setting to nasal.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and good luck to you with your new machine.
Thanks, I will try the nasal setting. I wonder what the ResMed machine actually changes with this setting.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changed to ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO and Dreamwear mask - bit of a rough start
(12-15-2015, 03:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 11:04 AM)Sacktime Wrote: I do have some questions:
1. What PS setting are most people using, or is it a personal preference thing.

2. The DME set the Climate control and tube temperature to manual, I have changed them both to auto as that was what was recommended in the clinician manual. What are most people using.

3. What setting should be used on the ResMed machine for the Dreamwear mask (pillow or nasal mask) the DME set it for pillows.

4. Anyone have suggestions on how to minimize the red face areas I am getting from the Dreamwear mask. I have the red marks on both sides of my face all day long. I like the Dreamwear mask otherwise but this may cause me to switch back to a nasal mask.

Your PR BiPAP had pressure support (difference between EPAP and IPAP), but it might have been expressed as a range. If it was not set, the default PS MIN was 0.0, and unless you had breathing or flow events, it might not have changed much. Mine is set to a range of 4.0 to 8.0, but rarely exceeds 5.5.

Your EPAP should be set to relieve most OA. You then add PS to reduce snores, Hypopnea and RERA. If you start to see CA, you've gone too far. So, if you want to self titrate on bilevel, just start at 2.0 and go up until you see the ideal reduction of H, RERA and minimum CA, and you've got it.

I use the manual humidity settings. It actually gives more humidity, and it's easy to change on the front dial. The previous System One was the automatic in the 60 series. I found setting humidity to 2 and heated hose to 3 works on my PRS1 machine. YMMV since you're now using Resmed.

As far as skin chafing, I have severe rosacea as well. It's important to keep contact minimal and the straps need to be kept clean and free of any detergent residue. If you see a dermatologist he might have additional suggestions. I did better with my current Airfit P10 head gear than I did with the more substantial headgear of the FX.

How do you like the Resmed so far compared to the PR machine?
Good info, when the PS was 7 I was getting CA's over 3, with the lower PS of 4 seeing a little less than 2 CA. I will be playing with getting the ideal settings once I understand all the features in the ResMed machine.

My old machine was the Resperonics Auto-BiPAP Series M which I think was before the PRS1. My old machine worked well, but I think I going to like the ResMed much more as it has many new features that I can adjust to get the best therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

Sacktime,
I tried the Dreamwear and like it, except I feel that pressure on the side of my face too. I'm also a side sleeper so I understand what you are saying.

My main mask is the P10 nasal pillow, but there are times when my nostrils get sore, and I have to try something else, like the Dreamwear.

A lot of people seem to like the Dreamwear, but I think there are tradeoffs with all masks. One thing positive with the Dreamwear is the hose being at the top of your head, but I still prefer the P10, it feels as if I don't have a mask on at all.

Good luck in getting it sorted out. Cool
[/quote]
I will keep the P10 in mind as it seems a lot of people are using it. It also has straps that run in the same area on the face as the air frame in the Dreamwear so that will probably cause me the red skin issues too. My old mask had straps that ran lower on my face and under my ears where my skin is not as sensitive.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sacktime,

The factory settings for PS, Ti min, and Ti max are 4, 0.3, and 2.0 respectively. The Ti min and Ti max seldom need adjustment unless there is a particular problem that requires a change. Keep in mind what Poolq said. That is that he likes to mess with things. At least a fair number of people on the forum using the VPAP auto use the factory setting of PS=4.

As far as masks are concerned, I have an old school mask, so I can not be of much help concerning the newer ones.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 12:49 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Sacktime,

The factory settings for PS, Ti min, and Ti max are 4, 0.3, and 2.0 respectively. The Ti min and Ti max seldom need adjustment unless there is a particular problem that requires a change. Keep in mind what Poolq said. That is that he likes to mess with things. At least a fair number of people on the forum using the VPAP auto use the factory setting of PS=4.

As far as masks are concerned, I have an old school mask, so I can not be of much help concerning the newer ones.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Thanks, that is now where my settings are. It was the DME setting of PS7 that got me off to the rocky start.

Post Reply Post Reply
after much experimenting with all sorts of different settings across the entire menu. I'm back at default settings except below and personal settings like type of hose/mask/heat/ramp etc. Resmed did an amazing job with default settings.

1. change to Vauto mode
2. change Essentials to Plus .. this displays lots of data in sleep report
3. after enough data was recorded, changed max ipap to about 20% over recorded ipap pressure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.