Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows
ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows
Why do I keep getting Mr. Red Face? Mask fit not good. I just switched to this headgear, and I'm not doing so well. I've tried everything--loosening, tightening, shifting...the gear sits on top of my ears all night and hurts. The straps are way too close to my eyes. Do o have a weird face and head???
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows
I used the Swift FX nasal pillows mask starting in 2012 when it was first released, but moved to the Resmed Airfit P10 in 2015 and have used it since. The FX has a noisy vent and the headgear does seem close to the eyes. There is a tendency for people to use a pillow size that is too small. I think the for her model includes XS, S and M sizes. Have you tried a larger nasal pillow?

If you post an OSCAR chart, we can see how bad the leaks are. Keep in mind leaks may arise from the mask fit or by air leaking from your mouth. Most people that experience poor mask fit scores with nasal pillows are leaking from the mouth. We can usually tell on a chart what is going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2020, 09:19 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Why do I keep getting Mr. Red Face? Mask fit not good. I just switched to this headgear, and I'm not doing so well. I've tried everything--loosening, tightening, shifting...the gear sits on top of my ears all night and hurts. The straps are way too close to my eyes. Do o have a weird face and head???

You had a good mask the P10 and you went to the Swift FX. Was it because of leaks or higher pressures needed? I used the FX mask and liked it a lot until the P10 came along and I liked it more. I use my FX for a back up when traveling.
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 headgear stretches out in no time. I was looking for something a bit sturdier, and the SwiftFX got rave reviews.
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 for her headgear is on Ebay for $14.99 shipped. Get a couple and throw them in the laundry and dryer as needed. They will retain shape for a long time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can make your p10 head gear adjustable, I just found out about it recently and will be ordering the head gear for a resmed N30.
Part #64216

You can shrink the old p10 head gear by boiling some water and put the head gear in a coffee mug and pour in the hot water and then cool it quickly with cold water from the tap. I cleans it and brings back the elastic memory but over time it will not come back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.