Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changes with new Mask
Changes with new Mask

I am using the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset and Phillips Respironics Amara View mask. I have gotten along well with the mask and am now comfortable with it. I sometimes have trouble with the seal and have leaks. I have read up on pillow masks and have decided to try the Phillips Respironics Nuance Gel. The information I have read indicates better comfort and seal along with being lighter. So I am going to try it. Should be here tomorrow.

My question is on machine settings. My current settings are: Pressure 7/14, EPR Full @ 3, Ramp on, Humidity @ 4.

Would anything need to be changed before using the pillow mask? Any changes that might be anticipated after further use of the pillow?

Included Oscar results from last night.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changes with new Mask
Just make sure the settings are correct for the type of mask.  The type of mask makes a difference of the pressure the machine sends.  In other words a full face mask would automatically change your pressures from a Pillow mask.  The settings need to be changed to your correct mask. By the way I did have the same gel mask. I liked it but it only 3 months and the gel broke down. It was like glue, I did not continue buying them. I normally get 8 to 12 months with Resmed pillows.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changes with new Mask
I'm so confused about the mask setting. Some say it adjusts how the pressure goes. Some say it just affects how the data gets read in terms of leaks. Which is it??

I tried the Nuance Gels. They were comfortable. But I couldn't get them to seed well into my nare. Because of the gel, it's hard for me to know if they're placed properly... and it's not like a keep a mirror by my bedside. And often I'd feel like I wasn't getting enough air through them, and sure enough I hadn't gotten it to point into my nose well. Also, I couldn't get the headgear to stay on my head... which was the ultimate reason I gave up on that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,215 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,426 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,833 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,531 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.