Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ordered an oral appliance, now don't need it. Do I have legal action to cancel it?
RE: Ordered an oral appliance, now don't need it. Do I have legal action to cancel it?
(03-03-2018, 11:51 AM)MyronH Wrote: I went to two ENT's, first one wants to fix my deviated septum, and reduce tissue inside my nose to open it up. But he said that wouldn't do anything for OA's, but just make it easier to breathe with the CPAP.

Many of us here have had this surgery and I can confirm that it does make breathing significantly easier both when awake and when asleep.  I used to have to use a Breathe Right strip to wear a nasal mask.  The pain and discomfort is pretty minor and passes quickly.  I am glad that I had this surgery.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ordered an oral appliance, now don't need it. Do I have legal action to cancel it?
Give your dentist a call and explain the situation.
I believe that if you are kind and polite, they will understand.

If the appliance has already been ordered with the manufacturer, you might have to pay all lab fees though, and the dentist might charge some $ for the previous work... if the lab didn't start the work yet, maybe you will just pay some fees to the dentist for the work.

As a dentist, things like this happen and we usually try to make it the best for everyone. I do. So I would just give him a call and try, nicely.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Kryogen Wrote: Give your dentist a call and explain the situation.
I believe that if you are kind and polite, they will understand.

If the appliance has already been ordered with the manufacturer, you might have to pay all lab fees though, and the dentist might charge some $ for the previous work... if the lab didn't start the work yet, maybe you will just pay some fees to the dentist for the work.

As a dentist, things like this happen and we usually try to make it the best for everyone. I do. So I would just give him a call and try, nicely.

They did not understand. I went directly to their office to explain the situation, that I was switched from APAP to BIPAP machine that is now working for me. They kept saying the appliance is custom made, and can't cancel it.

Well they apparently said they put a "rush" on the appliance, and was supposed to get it this early this week. Now they said it won't be in until middle of next week.

I called my credit card company, talked to them about the situation and how I still don't have the device, and told them I wanted to dispute the charges. They will be calling my dentist and said it may take 45 days for a decision. If my dentist calls saying the device is in, I will not be picking it up until I either hear from my insurance company, or the credit card company.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
Question CPAP "Mouth Only" Appliance? GrantT 4 473 11-16-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,084 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 899 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP + Oral Appliance = Leaks DoktorSpengler 0 322 08-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: DoktorSpengler
  New Sleep Apnoea test ordered. Ockrocket 11 960 07-30-2023, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.