Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing EPR on ResMed Airsense10 Autoset
Need Info on EPR Settings for ResMed Airsense10 Autoset
Husband just get new machine, listed above, from the VA.  Tech set it at EPR Full Time.  Previous S9 was at 3 but that was because I had played around with it, plus set at CPAP 10.  I set it at 10-15 APAP and got an appointment with my sleep doc under Medicare since my husband had never seen a sleep doctor in 6 years of use and had several really bad days.  I took these OSCAR results with me to the doctor.  He thought OSCAR was great and basically wanted me to monitor him for awhile.  His AHI has been a little higher in the week he has had the new machine.  AHi comes mainly from CA and Hypopneas.  Flow shows Cheyne Stokes-like waveform but not all the time.  It seems worse with the new machine and am wondering if EPR is doing it.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Info on EPR Settings for ResMed Airsense10 Autoset
If he is showing mainly CA's, then you would need to turn down the EPR. It's hard to give any definitive advice without seeing data.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the daily page?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to experiment a little with lower EPRs and will post when I see what happens.  I thought that ws what I'd seen before--thanks for the quick answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using EPR does result in higher CA events for me. As a result, I don't use it at all anymore. Most people will find that once they have gotten used to their machine, EPR is not really needed. But some folks find it more comfortable to use and that's ok too. As long as it doesn't change your numbers significantly for the worse there is no harm or shame in using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some CPAP users are more sensitive to pressure changes/swings. EPR would add in more pressure changes; that's what it does so no surprise. I'd go with reducing EPR and check OSCAR, see if CA goes down. I suspect the new machine may be more efficient at delivering air and your husband's respiratory system is suffering from treatment emergent CA made worse from the EPR. IF this all is true in your case, the treatment emergent CA should reduce with time and I'd think EPR can slowly be added in again if needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing EPR on ResMed Airsense10 Autoset
I accidentally deleted my original post regarding EPR settings on my husband's new ResMed Airsense10Autoset.  Got that answered.  I went into the clinical menu and under EPR was only and off or on button to click.  How do you find the numbers?  He was on 3 previously with his S9 and this machine came with EPR Auto, not manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing EPR on ResMed Airsense10 Autoset
EPR must be enabled to see the settings. Turn it On, Full time then select the setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SideSleeper, your two threads have been merged.

Order a Clinicians manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Opal Rose, for merging the two threads. I went to the bottom of the page on the link you gave and got all the info I needed--on my first try I didn't dial down far enough. EPR was set at 2 and I put it at one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 123 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 577 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 262 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 248 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 442 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.