Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing Masks.......
Changing Masks.......
Well, one would think changing a mask via your medical supply company was pulling teeth! Why do they want to keep you in a mask that is leaking this bad???? Results aren't the best, but they tell me to wait a few days to a week for you to adjust. Meanwhile.................well you know the story!

Here are my results from last night! Put the mask on while reading in order for it to "adjust" to my face or me to adjust or something as someone had recommended. Still not good! With persistence they are changing it out tomorrow for me so one.more.night! Dont-know

Attached Files
.pdf   Day 5.pdf (Size: 121.87 KB / Downloads: 98)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing Masks.......
Some advice. It is not the mask that is leaking, they all can do that, it is the adjustment that is causing the leaks or maybe not being used to the mask and moving a lot.

If changing the mask would fix everything, that would be great and easy, however the feedback you are getting is that it is not the mask. It's not you either. It seems to be a combination of machine settings and mask adjustment, mostly machine adjustments.

We have all been there, I tried 3 different masks, but you want to get the big issues fixed and right now most think that your big issues are machine adjustments and that the mask while not perfect, is not causing most of your problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 351 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 403 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 222 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.