Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing Time on Resmed Airsense 10
Changing Time on Resmed Airsense 10
I had no trouble bumping the time forward on my AirSense 10 AutoSet last spring for Daylight Saving Time, but in November, setting it back an hour was a whole different story. I must admit we went to bed at midnight, with meant I had to set it to 11PM, got a warning, set it back to midnight, which bumped the date, and things got confusing but when I tried to put it right (go back in time/date), it wanted to erase my compliance data. Apparently setting the time/date backwards is a big deal. Since I had already passed compliance and had all the data safe stored on my computer (and backed up) I followed the instructions to do it.

That resulted in ALL data being erased (except settings), and my be unregistered from myAir (I would not have known this except they e-mailed me-- I had to put in my machine ID again on their site... no idea how important this is). There was no irretrievable data loss and my DME was good about the mix with my Air (don't think they care).

My question is: How do I set the time backward without getting it "angry" with me? Does it think I am trying to tamper with the compliance data?
--Thank you--
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing Time on Resmed Airsense 10
"Day" is noon to noon... so, wait till the afternoon sometime to set clocks back on ResMeds, I think.
Someone will conform this shortly.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You can not set it back to the previous date, nor can you set it back to before 12 noon of the current day. You also want to avoid setting it back so far that it overwrites your data from the previous day.

Mine ended up the same as yours, a day ahead. It took me 4 days of bumping it back to correct it... just ended up with the incorrect time for a few days, and it packed 5 "days" worth of data into 4 so the charts looked odd.

So say it's currently 1 hour fast, but also reads 12/18/2017.
Tonight, some time between 11 and midnight, set it back to 13:xx (set the minutes to match reality). This will move it back so it is only 14 hours ahead.
Tomorrow night, at 9pm, it'll read 11:00. This is before the internal day changes at noon, so you can still set it back, but don't set it so far back that it overwrites your data from the previous night. Set it back to 03:00 (3am). This will move it back so it is only 6 hours ahead.
The next night, at 11pm, it'll read 5am, set it back to 1am. Now it will be only 2 hours fast.
Finally, the next night at 7 or 8, back it up the final 2 hours.

Honestly, the clock means nothing, unless you are synchronizing with an Oximeter, or are attempting to self-diagnose issues where you awaken during the night and want to look at the event on the chart.

Once you get your clock corrected to the present time, just leave it along in the spring... let it run on non-DST from now on.
There is also no need to reset it when you travel from time zone to time zone.
If you are OCD like me and *must* change it for the time change, just be sure to do so after dinner when you won't encounter issues with the date or noon "day" change... but I don't mess with it for time zone changes when traveling.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem. Here's how you fix it. You want to "fall back", correct?

Wait 'til after 1 pm. Before you use the machine, turn the clock back. All set.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 07:56 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I had the same problem. Here's how you fix it. You want to "fall back", correct?

Is that not what I said?

I didn't bother, what if I go to bed later during the winter and get up later?
I would prefer to hibernate and come back out in the spring!   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I set my clock back on my machine. I guess I have OCD. The learning never stops.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 07:56 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I had the same problem. Here's how you fix it. You want to "fall back", correct?

Ya, but it's a lot more complex if the date got knocked ahead.

I'm not sure exactly how it happened on mine, and I can't be positive that it didn't happen at the clinic before I took the machine home.
-- Rich

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 08:03 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Is that not what I said?

I didn't bother, what if I go to bed later during the winter and get up later?
I would prefer to hibernate and come back out in the spring!   Smile

Yes. You asked for confirmation, so I am confirming! You might, in fact, have been the wise person on this board who told me how to do this, when I was flummoxed by a hundred possibilities.

I added the part about "before you use the machine" (i.e. on that day). This is crucial.
Post Reply Post Reply
CB91710...That does indeed sound like a major undertaking. I can't even imagine how long it would take to fix.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 09:39 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: CB91710...That does indeed sound like a major undertaking. I can't even imagine how long it would take to fix.

Theoretically, you can set it back to 12:01 every day, it's just a matter of doing so in a way that doesn't overwrite your data, and being awake at a time to maximize the time change.

You could catch it at 23:55 and set it back to 12:01, then the next day, stay awake until 6am and set it back another 11 hours and 54 minutes for a faster reset.
-- Rich

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,840 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 119 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.