Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing battery on my Philips Respironics PR System One PRO
Changing battery on my Philips Respironics PR System One PRO
My Philips Respironics PR System One PRO (2009-2011) keeps saying service is required on it. When this happens it beeps constantly and stops working. When I opened it up, it started working again.

I noticed there is a little (perhaps 3V) battery on the main board. Is it possible to change this battery? Perhaps this is causing the issue?

Thanks so much for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing battery on my Philips Respironics PR System One PRO
I sort of doubt it's the battery.

It appears Philips doesn't consider this to be customer replaceable.

Resetting the clock requires a cable and software that is not available to the general public.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 09:24 PM)tonyb Wrote: My Philips Respironics PR System One PRO (2009-2011) keeps saying service is required on it. When this happens it beeps constantly and stops working. When I opened it up, it started working again.

Does is say anything or just "service required"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Same thoughts about the battery causing "service required".    The battery is soldered in and can't be replaced easily.   You can check it with a voltmeter, if it has 3 volts , battery is ok.  Was not the battery in my case.   I found a youtube video of a guy taking the case apart and cleaning out the pressure sensor ports with canned air.  Although there was no visible dust or dirt,  it worked.  If you need help taking the case apart you can find a service manual on this board.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,212 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,870 8 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,696 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,809 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 269 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.