Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar
Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar
I have just changed from the dreaded Dreamstation to a Resmed machine and am now trying to work out how to update my settings in Oscar to recognise the new machine.  My new machine has SD card capability but I don't know how to change the machine listed, as well as how to tell Oscar to import the new data, or indeed even tell it to accept the data.

Does anyone have a set of instructions tucked away?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar
You should create a new profile and just import your SD card into the new profile. OSCAR will pick up all of the CPAP identifying information automatically.

We recommend using a separate profile for different brands of machine, as different machines report different data in different ways. For example, DreamStation reports flow limits as events while ResMed reports flow limitations as a graph.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with my AirSense 11 and Oscar did you ever figure it out?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did we ever figure out what? You should use a separate profile for each brand of machine, as different machines report different data.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I haven't.  I created a new profile as suggested, but still cannot import the data files to Oscar, stored on the SD card as "DATALOGS".  I noted that Oscar needs some preferences set, but it still didn't work.

I'm using the Airsense 10 For Her edition. Assume that makes little difference.

Also, the new Oscar 1.3.1 appears to have a trojan - according to my computer, so it won't download.  I'm still using 1.2.0.

Any suggestions very welcome!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you download OSCAR 1.3.1 from http://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR? That is our official distribution channel and the copy of OSCAR there does not have a Trojan in it.

If you did download it from sleepfiles.com, what program is telling you there is a Trojan in it? You are probably seeing a false alarm from some anti-malware program. What anti-malware program are you using?

When you try to import from the SD card, you should be importing from the root directory of the SD drive. If you are using Windows, that means just importing from the drive letter, not from the DATALOG directory. The root directory should contain a file named identification.tgt as well as a few others and the DATALOG directory.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 510 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 275 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,038 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Crashes when Changing the Language hisaotsu 7 976 11-29-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: hisaotsu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.