Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing from Full Face to Nasal Pillow Mask
Changing from Full Face to Nasal Pillow Mask
Looked at the titration study report, the doc said full face, nasal pillow could be considered. Today I called Apria to make the change to nasal pillow (still in the original 30 day "free trial" period). This is a result of a little problem last night. I had some message on the screen of the Resmed Airsense 10, but without my glasses, I could not read it. In order to put on my glasses, I had to take off the full face mask. The nasal pillow mask will allow me to put on my glasses without removing the mask. Only issue might be my maximum pressure is on the high side. Don't know if the pressure will be an issue with that pressure, hoping it will not be. But Apria said to just keep the full face mask, so if I have to go back to full face, at least I will have one. 

As an aside, the message, when I was able to read it, said "High leakage detected. Check water tub, water tub seal, or end cap." I did check, but could not find anything wrong.  This was at 3 a.m. and better half was NOT a happy camper about the light going on and me fiddling about with the CPAP.  So we shall see what happens tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing from Full Face to Nasal Pillow Mask
I've used the F20 mask myself. I found it to be too problematic on leaks to keep at it. I replaced it with the Fisher and Paykel Vitera. Much greater leak control. Going pillows or nasal is still a viable option. And if you get the combo right, mask model and right sized cushion and adjusted right, the mask will handle the highest PAP pressure. I'd go for a change of some sort. Check out our mask wiki to help with adjusting it once you get something else. Several like their ResMed P10. Very minimal and quiet. Maybe it's for you. And try to look up F&P also, they have nasal and pillows along with the full faced ones.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing from Full Face to Nasal Pillow Mask
If you are able to avoid the positive pressure being in your mouth, the nasal pillows will be much nicer. You can read, talk, drink through a straw and avoid all the discomfort of a full face mask pressing on your face and nose bridge. It is much easier to control leaks. I have never used anything else.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,586 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.