Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue
Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue
My settings are min 5.6 max 15.6. I have been having trouble with the P10 and switched to philips respironics on my resmed machine. I wore it just now as a test and it states after a brief use that it is is unhappy with the mask seal. I did not notice any leakage while wearing. Are my settings ok, i.e. in line with what you'd expect? Also, should I be concerned about this mask seal issue? First night I will wear it and a bit nervous. Issues with P10 tired me out so I am keen to try another option. Don't mean to spark a debate on P10 versus others. My personal preferences is to switch so please advise on the questions raised. Thanks. PS I am on EU GMT time so if you happen to read this and can make a suggestion in the coming hour, would appreciate it.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue
Unless the mask type has changed from pillows to whatever type your new Respironics mask is, then most likely you shouldn't need other changes. That answer does depend on your settings being right in the first place. Besides the mask issues, how was the therapy going?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The therapy was going fine. I just have been very tired in the recent weeks. It could be my P10 is too old, the pillows too flexible and the headset too loose. I tried to adjust, but think there are leaks at night when I sleep on my side, pressing my cheek in the pillow. The leaks do not register, but I notice when it happens as I tend to wake up at times and the air is blowing out from the pillows. It happened before and I invariantly was tired after, exhausted as if I had been breathing too hard after a run. The cpap machine does not register these leaks. So I am trying to change to the philips mask I have. I have been adjusting pressures for the P10 so it may affect matters. ETA They are both pillow masks

--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
So the machine keeps flagging mask seal issues. I wore it and don't notice any leaks from the mask. Odd.... Ignore?

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
if you're not happy with the p10, it may not matter why and I know you've made up your mind. just wondering if you're really having leaks.

my p10 never leaks from the mask, only my lips. my mask assembly and strap are 3 years old; pillows/cushions have had at least a year of use. I keep the strap tighter than what I read is optimal. I side sleep and occasionally notice what feels like a leak that's actually the exhalation port/diffuser/vent blowing against the pillow and back into my face and eye(s). so fwiw, I wonder if the fact that you're not registering leaks suggests maybe the problem isn't really a leak.

whatever it is, it bothers and rouses you so I hope you find a better way.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your leak rate?
Post a screenshot of the daily page, we can usually tell by looking at the leak graph.
Is that avatar pic supposed to open up to something?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Avatar is just meant to be a pic. Ok, I will sleep a night with the new mask and post stats. Fingers crossed it will go well.Thanks.

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
fair point about blowback. It seemed to do that at one point. At other times, there is definitely an issue with the rims of the pillows leaking.

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
that's often a cushion size issue, but I'm not trying to sell you on the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks. I have the large. Medium does not work for me. I am a fan of P10, very silent. Bit of a nuisance keeping the holes free but with a water pick as suggested by others I make it work. Very nice. Just very flimsy headgear which is a pity. But all of that would not make me switch if I didn't keep having occasional issues. So worth a shot switching and seeing if it is any better. All a matter of keeping at it in this game. At least that is my experience with it so far.

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,823 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 83 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,606 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.