Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing preset to autoset
Changing preset to autoset
I have a ResMed S9 Autoset machine and was not allowed to use the auto feature by my resp. therapist, so I'm trying to change it myself.

I followed the instructions on this forum's website and got into the clinician's menu. I can change the preset numbers, but can't figure out how to change the settings so the machine adjusts automatically.

Does it have anything to do with changing the MODE from CPAP to Autoset? The machine was on Autoset, but the maximum and minimum pressures are also set.

Would appreciate any assistance - thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing preset to autoset
Yes, that is exactly what you need to do. Change to Autoset and then add your maximum and minimum pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are on the right track. Please post your set-points and someone who knows your machine will be along soon.
Do you have the results of your sleep study handy?
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

The machine is set from 8 - 12. I don't have my results handy, but I was told that this range was working well for me. Still, I bought an autoset so I could benefit from the ongoing pressure adjustments rather than be limited to the preset limits.

Despite the previous post I'm still not clear what to do.

(06-14-2015, 04:30 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: You are on the right track. Please post your set-points and someone who knows your machine will be along soon.
Do you have the results of your sleep study handy?

Post Reply Post Reply
I applaud your getting an autoset. You can always dumb it down but hard to smarten up a straight cpap.
I suggest you get your sleep study.
People here surprise me daily with depth of knowledge.
I cannot overemphasize the benefits of using theSleepyHead software. Like lighting a candle in the dark Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
autoset I have a ResMed S9
Autoset machine and
was not allowed to use
the auto feature by my
resp. therapist,

Did the RT tell you why? There could be a good reason so I hear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still new here, so YMMV, but it sounds to me like you are already on auto mode. 8-12 is the current range the machine will use. 8 for the low pressure and up to 12 if the machine detects that you need it. If I understand correctly, if CPAP mode would just be one continuous pressure.

As I am new and don't even have my machine yet, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2015, 06:55 PM)SleepyWabbit Wrote: I'm still new here, so YMMV, but it sounds to me like you are already on auto mode. 8-12 is the current range the machine will use. 8 for the low pressure and up to 12 if the machine detects that you need it. If I understand correctly, if CPAP mode would just be one continuous pressure.

As I am new and don't even have my machine yet, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

By golly how did we miss that?Dont-know

So Mski why you want to change the settings whatever they are?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2015, 07:45 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: By golly how did we miss that?Dont-know

New eyes? Big Grin

Mski, if you are new to therapy, I would go with the settings your therapist originally set. Your therapist set them for a reason. It sounds like you are already on auto, so let the system do its work.

If you have already been on the settings for a while and they don't seem to be working, talk with your therapist and let them know why the settings are not working and back it up with examples. You know your body and are the person sleeping in it each night, hopefully. Grin

If you are set on making changes, check your data through sleepyhead or other software before making any changes and use that data to make educated changes. Don't just change it because you can.
Look at your data, compare it to your sleep study and write down the changes you want to make. Bring those changes back here and run them by the more knowledgeable people who have been doing this for a while before making any changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mski,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 403 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 402 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 433 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.