Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing pressure of f&p icon novo from limited patient menu
Changing pressure of f&p icon novo from limited patient menu
My F&P ICON Novo was provided for me with a patient menu that is "limited by your healthcare provider". The pressure is set at 13lbs which is so high I can't even exhale. I have never been able to make it through the night with the mask on. I need to change the pressure but I can't even figure out how to access the clinician menu. I already have the clinician manual but I still can't get to the menu and my patient menu is already limited. Please help me!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing pressure of f&p icon novo from limited patient menu
Have a look at the Change Cpap Pressure Settings page of the Wiki. There is a description there of how to get into the clinicians menu for various common machines, including the Fisher & Paykel ICON Auto, Premo & Novo.

By the way, the units for CPAP pressure settings are cmH2O (centimeters of water), not pounds.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lorenbreen, welcome to the forum
FYI ... Unlike Icon Auto and Icon Premo .... Icon Novo is not data capable machine (no efficay data just how many hours using the machine each night). This video from CPAP Library might help http://vimeo.com/20560260
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lorenbreen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Great advice so far and best of luck with changing the pressure on your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, when you say that you've never made it through the night, are you saying that you wake up because of the pressure, or are you saying that you are having trouble getting to sleep because of the pressure.

If the latter, have you tried using the ramp feature of the machine? It reduces the pressure, then linearly increases the pressure over a period of time to let you get to sleep. Most people find that, once asleep, they are able to tolerate the pressure.

To put the pressure into perspective, take a tall glass of water about 6 inches high. Put a straw all the way to the bottom of the glass and blow bubbles. You are now exhaling against a pressure of 15 cmH2O.

Although the pressure feels intolerable now, you do actually get used to it. In fact, it will get to the point where you simply don't even notice the pressure when you wake up anymore, and have to think to see if the machine is still on or not. In the meantime, if you absolutely must reduce the pressure to sleep, remember to bring the pressure back up again when you start getting used to it. If you want, bring it up over several days by 1 cmH2O per day. But keep in mind that, until you get (at least close) to your treatment pressure, you are not treating your sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 201 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 276 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,316 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 402 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.