Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing pressure
Changing pressure
Being that I’m stuck with the SleepStyle 200 for the moment I’ve started to alter my pressure on the how do you feel method. 

I upped the pressure from 10 to 10.5 and didn’t see much of a change. Last night I went from 10.5 to 11 and I think there is some improvement. Both mornings I slept to 8 am which is new for me. Usually no matter what time I go to sleep, and it could be very late, I wake up around 6:30 or 7. 

And while I didn’t jump out of bed singing motivational show tunes I didn’t feel as bad as i usually do. There was some fog and i’m still tired but I recovered much faster. Not exactly life changing but any improvement for the better is good and i’ll take it!

The thing is I have weird sleeping habits. I have cats who usually wake me up to be fed. Then I go back to sleep for a few hours. Those extra 3 hours of sleep are what make me more or less functional during the day. 

BUT, waking up from a 3 hour nap vs a 5 or 6 hour “night’s sleep” is usually much harder on me and requires some time before I can gather my wits enough to get on with the day. Has anyone else found this to be true?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing pressure
Hi Harold,
I’m not familiar with your machine, but if your not able to retrieve data from it, then the only thing you can do for now is to go by how you feel.  

You are on the right track by raising your pressure in .5 increments, then wait and see.  You can always turn it back.  

Does you machine at least give an AHI reading on the display?  If yes, what does it say?

Don’t worry too much about weird sleeping habits as most of us do.  Although, if you can try to get on a schedule that is about the same every night, you would feel better.  

I know for myself, if I can sleep at least 7 hours, I’m good to go.  But if I sleep 5 or 6 hours, get up then go back to bed for a couple hours, I feel like crap.  That’s just me.  You may feel differently.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sigh, no, my machine gives no feedback at all. I have no idea other than how I feel when I wake up. I will try and get a prescription for an auto pap machine with a data card so I can upgrade and get a better idea of my situation.

Though I have to say, once again, I’m Not feeling as bad as I usually do. I’m still a bit foggy but this feels like some progress. This is a good thing!

I’m hoping that things could get even better but I will try to live with this pressure for a few days and see how things go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Howard and welcome to the forum, you will find help here. I was stuck with a brick of a machine for a good while but, after finding this forum, soon learned how to download the clinician manual and learn how to change my pressure. Then I learned that I could go on line and obtain some helpful data from the SD card. Are you sure your machine does not have a SD card or at least have the ability to accommodate one? Anyway, your process sounds like mine; raise the pressure by 0.5 cm at a time going from the RX setting of 9 to eventually 10.5. When I tried 11 it seemed like too much so I settled on 10.5. About two years ago, making use of input form one especially helpful member here I bit the bullet and purchased out of pocket a new PR Dreamstation automatic data capable machine. It stung financially but I have never regretted doing that. Since I personally bought my current machine it is under the radar. In about 3 months the brick provided by my insurance will be 5 years old and I will ask my new sleep doc to prescribe the machine I really need. Then I will have a backup.

What is the make of your machine? Someone here may be able to tell you how to dig some data from it. As mentioned in the previous reply, check the display of your machine for AHI readings.

The best to you,

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 12:22 PM)stanleydean Wrote: What is the make of your machine? Someone here may be able to tell you how to dig some data from it. As mentioned in the previous reply, check the display of your machine for AHI readings.

The best to you,

Stan

It's a Fischer Paykel Sleepstyle 200 series...no SD, but there is a SleepStyle app for smartphones.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 12:22 PM)stanleydean Wrote: Are you sure your machine does not have a SD card or at least have the ability to accommodate one?

What is the make of your machine? Someone here may be able to tell you how to dig some data from it. As mentioned in the previous reply, check the display of your machine for AHI readings.

Is that steelydan as in the group? Love those guys!

I searched the machine all over because who knows maybe I’m wrong. No SD. or any other type of card slot. 

I looked through the menus, both locked and unlocked, and no AHI option. I can change pressure, elevation and humidifier temp, that’s it :-(

I did find a port on the back. I’m going to start another thread on that so it’ll hopefully gain more attention.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haraldsdrifting, do you have a Smartphone you can install the SleepStyle app on?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2019, 02:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Haraldsdrifting, do you have a Smartphone you can install the SleepStyle app on?

Huh, I didn’t know they had an app. This cpap machine was given to me in 2008 though. I would be surprised if it had Bluetooth or WiFi. I will look and see though.
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, that model would not have the BT capability to use the app.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
So when I checked through the menus the other day I saw that somehow I had upped the pressure from 10.5 to 11.5. So I had jumped a whole step instead of a half a step. The SleepStyle has those soft rubber covered buttons. I must have pressed too hard and not noticed it jumped a full step.

I was concerned because while I felt better when I woke up yesterday about an hour or so afterwards I started to feel really light headed and tired. So did I go too far with the pressure? I was pretty certain I slept the first night with 11.5 so I decided to give it another night at the same pressure to see what happens.

Today was a much better day.

I woke up in pretty good condition. Not perfect but pretty good and it’s lasted for the rest of the day. There is still a tiny bit of fog and a little tiredness but on the whole I feel better than I have in a while.

I’m not going to touch the pressure for at least a few days to a week just to see.

How do you know if you’ve gone too high with the pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 400 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.