Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing settings on Respironics A-Flex
Changing settings on Respironics A-Flex
Advice needed please – if you change settings through the clinician menu for a Philips Respironics Auto A-Flex are the new settings written to the memory chip?
I seem to remember advice that you should remove the chip before changing the settings, which is confusing – is this necessary?
Many thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing settings on Respironics A-Flex
Hi GeorgePa,
Yes, any changes made in the clinician menu on a PR auto AFlex machine will be written to the SD card. You do not need to remove the SD card, until you place it in computer.

If the SD card is removed from Apap, and you makes changes, then when you place card back in the Apap, the changes will be written to the card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2016, 09:19 AM)GeorgePa Wrote: I seem to remember advice that you should remove the chip before changing the settings, which is confusing – is this necessary?

Probably not necessary.

It's possible to use the SD card to lock the settings on the machine - which means you would not be able to make changes to the settings. Removing the SD card unlocks the settings, but they would be changed back to what's on the card when you reinsert it. If you are able to change the settings without removing the SD card, you don't need to remove it, and your changes are written to the SD card. If the settings are locked on the card, you can remove the lock by using a computer to reformat the card, or by using a different one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GeorgePa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If I can remember it correctly, on my 560, when I enter the clinician menu, I get a message that it disables the access to the SD card. Then it gives the message that data is active when I go back to the user menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use Encore to change settings and transfer them to the unit that way, but you can also override them using the clinician menu on the unit itself. I would just leave the card in the unit.

Have you upgraded to the PR 560? Your profile shows ResMed S-8.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the advices.

I thought I had no replies as I did not receive any email notifications, and I just decided to check the entry. I then checked my Control Panel and it appeared my email address was empty: however once I went through re-entering it I received an email which listed my New email and an Old Email, both the same. I also suspect that my entries on the equipment reverted to the old ones, as when I was correcting them the new entries appeared as options - perhaps I had not clicked "Update" - this time I made certain.

Just in case - I have the REMstar Auto A-Flex INT 56 1 P with the System One Humidifier and the Resmed P10 Nasal prongs

I had switched to the Repironics less than 1 year ago, and it developed a faulty heater. It was replaced under warranty and the new package came with the Clinician's Manual (which was labeled "Remove before giving to user").
I will experiment with some settings now leaving the card in. Possibly my clinician may notice the changes at the next check. I expect to make only slight adjustments and I expect there will be no professional offense taken.

Again, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.