Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing the temperature
Changing the temperature
Hi,
I’ve been using my AirSense Elite 10 for about a year now.
As the weather is warming up I want to turn the temp down. I’m sure I’ve done this before.
I am using a heated hose.
I only have a humidity option and the hose option only gives me standard and slimline.
Is there a software upgrade I can so?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing the temperature
Select standard and you should get a temperature setting to adjust for the hose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla. It hasn’t worked though.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day JennyJ . Welcome to Apnea Board.

Depending on how your provider set the machine up, you may need to go into the clinical menu to change the climate control settings.

- Press the home button and dial together for 3 seconds to enter the clinical menu
- Select Settings | Comfort
- Set climate control to manual and adjust the tube temperature.

You should then have access to the temperature setting from your normal screen.

You can get hold of the clinical manual from this forum by following the instructions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual The clinical manual will give you access to all sorts of things which are normally locked out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the hose plugged into the machine?

If I recall correctly the temperature setting is only available in the menu when the hose is connected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. It still only gives me humidity level.
What is EPR?

Genius SWSabre. Pure genius.
It’s been hanging up airing like I do everyday.
Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is a comfort feature to help you breath out against pressure easier.

From the Wiki:
Exhalation pressure relief is a CPAP feature that lowers the pressure on a CPAP machine when the patient exhales in an effort to make breathing more comfortable. CPAP machines provide continuous positive airway pressure, making it easier for the patient to inhale, but harder to exhale. Exhalation pressure relief generally offers three possible settings: 1, 2 or 3, with each number signifying the degree of pressure reduction. (A setting of 1 provides the least pressure relief; a setting of 3 provides the greatest relief).
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2017, 11:10 PM)JennyJ Wrote: Thanks OpalRose.

If you were to try EPR, start with 1 to see how it feels. You are using a fairly low pressure setting of
7.6cm, so an EPR setting of 1 would drop it to 6.6cm when exhaling.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JennyJ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 794 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 401 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.