Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help selecting mask and settings for airsense 10 machine
RE: Help selecting mask and settings for airsense 10 machine
One example at Amazon (there could be others; haven't looked very far): search string "Philips Respironics Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow System - 1105167 - Retail Packaged", $49, third-party seller but fulfilled by Amazon, which is always good.

Here's the Nuance product page at a Philips Respironics web site: https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/masks/nuance/

Resmed, Philips, and F&P usually make PDFs of the user's guide for each mask (and machine) available to download, in addition to the marketing brochures. Just follow whatever "information" or "support" link is shown on the product page.

At Amazon, the tip-off that a prescription is required is when an item listing doesn't show a price but instead says "Available with an Amazon Business account and ..." various paperwork & jumping through hoops; forget it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all this good information, saving me a ton of trial and error researching . 

My beard is not crazy picture attached, it is quite thick though. I do mostly breath through my nose and the nose pillow one is cheap so think I will try that first.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Also see the Mask Primer article if you haven't already done that.  There are product reviews in the CPAP Mask Reviews forum.  And don't be discouraged if finding the right mask takes a few cycles of trial & error, because that's normal.  If you can find a good one right away, great, and you're lucky; but if not, just keep trying to whatever extent your budget allows. Mask fitting is largely subjective, unlike the situation with the machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2019, 10:03 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: Instructions for disabling the A10 modem are here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10

There are a few photos, supplied by the OP (Sleep87) and posted by me, further along in the thread.

I've done it, and it's easy. Just be sure to use a plastic spudger, not a screwdriver or any other metal tool, as always when disassembling a snap-fit plastic case.

Congratulations on getting the Autoset model; that's the one to have.

Thanks for this, took 2 seconds Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Jumping from mask to settings....

The nice thing about the Autoset10 is it is an adaptive "APAP" machine... not a fixed pressure BiPAP or CPAP.
You can theoretically (and many/most DMEs do) leave it set "wide open" at a pressure range of 4-20 with an EPAP at 3, and it will happily adjust to whatever pressures you actually need.
The problem with having it "wide open" is it will take time to ramp up to a decent minimum pressure. Generally 4-6 are pediatric settings, and most recommend a minimum of 6, as many people feel "starved" for air in the 4-6 range. Personally, I run 8.8-20 with EPAP at 2.

For humidity, I increase it until I get rainout (condensation in the mask), then back it off by "1". I need to adjust it depending on ambient temperature and humidity. You have the heated hose, so yours will run much more automatically. Humidity too low frequently results in nose bleeds and congestion, humidity too high sometimes results in congestion.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,025 9 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 297 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 145 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,816 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 147 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,628 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 356 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.