Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing time zones on a Resmed 10 Elite?
Changing time zones on a Resmed 10 Elite?
All my reporting on Sleepyhead and the RESMED site are all messed up with sleep sesions being broken up due to the time zone I am now in.

Origionally I was set up in New Zealand but just moved to China for the next couple of months.

Looking at the Clinicians menu I can see the time can be changed however I see in the Clinicians notes that they warn of loosing data if you change the units time. 
What to do, I dont want to loose the last years data from the machine or potentially stuff up the SD cards data set. 

How do people normally account for changing time zones it must be a very very frequent thing for people using CPAP PAP therapies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing time zones on a Resmed 10 Elite?
All the following are my opinions and nothing else:

Unless some entity were to require machine data to match Sleepyhead data, I'd leave date, time, and time zone settings as is. Clock setting fights are one battle I choose to avoid. As you say, you risk stored data loss. I'm sure there's ways to change the settings safely, but I've forgot these currently. I'd set mine to whatever would be accurate most of the time and let it be. I don't do daylight saving time edits either. Since my ASV doesn't pull double duty as an alarm clock, clock setting accuracy for me isn't an issue.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change the time zone easily when heading east just put the clock forward as appropriate. The problem comes going backwards or crossing the date line where is may take several days of small backward changes of the clock or a machine reset or non use to get back in sync.

For a short period I would leave the clock alone if it’s months I would change the clock but consider how you approach the backward movement on return.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is never any good reason to change times away from your home QTH.

No, not ever.

Use your machine when you sleep. It doesn't care what the time is. It is a CPAP, not a chronograph, not an alarm clock. If you need to know what time it is, look at your wrist watch.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2019, 05:50 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: There is never any good reason to change times away from your home QTH.

No, not ever.

Use your machine when you sleep. It doesn't care what the time is. It is a CPAP, not a chronograph, not an alarm clock. If you need to know what time it is, look at your wrist watch.

Who uses their CPAP as an alarm clock? Really don't see the meaning in your reply. Perhaps you didn't read my post properly.

My concern is that the data being reported is scrambled due to it being broken up into separate day reporting even though its just one sleep session which gives very unreliable and untrue AHI figures making reporting confusing at best.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK five hours is a lot, and you are away for several months, so it's not unreasonable.

NZDT is 5 hours ahead of China Standard Time, so you need to wait until the clock in your CPAP is past 17:00 at least. and you haven't used the machine in those past five hours. If you try to roll back past machine noon on any day with data recorded, it will tell you to wipe the data. Also you must do it before the machine's midnight, because you don't want to back up a whole day. - I made that mistake on a trip three time zones west.
Upon your return to NZ, you simply have to wait until China (machine) noon, and roll forward the five hours.

I think that will do it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2019, 07:56 AM)pholynyk Wrote: OK five hours is a lot, and you are away for several months, so it's not unreasonable.

NZDT is 5 hours ahead of China Standard Time, so you need to wait until the clock in your CPAP is past 17:00 at least. and you haven't used the machine in those past five hours. If you try to roll back past machine noon on any day with data recorded, it will tell you to wipe the data. Also you must do it before the machine's midnight, because you don't want to back up a whole day. - I made that mistake on a trip three time zones west.
Upon your return to NZ, you simply have to wait until China (machine) noon, and roll forward the five hours.

I think that will do it.

Cheers thanks for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2019, 06:31 AM)ghce Wrote: My concern is that the data being reported is scrambled due to it being broken up into separate day reporting even though its just one sleep session which gives very unreliable and untrue AHI figures making reporting confusing at best.

Simple.  Don't look at data.  There.  That was easy.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2019, 10:38 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Simple.  Don't look at data.  There.  That was easy.

Those of us who can get away with that are lucky. It is pleasant not to be a slave to the SD card. Quite often I also ignore the machine's display.

(Thrown overboard: Humidifier, check ... heater, check ... heated hose, check ... SD card, check ... computer software, check ... DME, check ... sleepydoc, check ... let's see, what's next?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I do big timezone changes every couple of weeks, the data doesn't get scrambled, it sometimes appears to double count but actually doesn't - see attached. I leave well alone

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 709 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 292 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,895 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 144 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.