Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Charity stuff?
Just wondering if folks here get involved with charity stuff. I know I do a cancer ride every year (hence the cyclist upgraditis in my "other comments" section).

I'd be interested in seeing what other things folks here get involved with...from my past experience, I would suspect there would be a good number involved with lung associations or heart and stroke associations, especially given the nature and effects of sleep apnea.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last year I did the Extra Life 24 hour video game marathon to benefit Children's Miracle Network. I think I'm too old to be staying up 24 hours straight though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am involved in Parents of Murdered Children and Compassionate Friends.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'd love too, but I have so little time - I already do a lot of pro bono work, so maybe that counts. When I was younger I was involved with Scientists for the Ethical Use of Nuclear Materials and Scientists Against Nuclear Weapons (both now defunct since the end of the Cold War) and held an officership in a UNESCO committee in Paris for many years, but now I simply can't find enough time, especially enough time to get to Paris for the UNESCO work (there are SOME bonuses to being on certain committees....Ahhhh, Paris!). Maybe when I retire....
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I kicked off my campaign for the charity ride for this year...and my training. Legs are strong, but going to take a while to get the wind back up :/
Post Reply Post Reply
Have participated in American Cancer Society Relay for Life events for many years.
Post Reply Post Reply