Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart 20190712
Chart 20190712
Thanks to CPAP, I am no longer falling asleep at my desk. Flex setting = 3.
  • Start date: May 24
  • Recent date: Jul 12

[attachment=13602]  [attachment=13601]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart 20190712
Hi,

It's good that you are finding the therapy beneficial.

For further improvements, consider lowering your starting pressure to something greater than 4 cm water pressure. Your 95% pressures are at or greater than 12 cm water pressure, so the bottom value should be somewhat below that. Try 8 cm, and see what happens. By setting a higher value than 4 cm, your machine spends less time ramping up to respond to detected events. For example, you can see that my settings are 6-15 cm water pressure, but my 95% value is 7.0. It has been almost constant since I started 5-1/2 years ago.

Second, although no large leaks are reported, you're at or above the software defined leak redline. Than means the machine is having to work to compensate for the ever-changing leakage. I found that when I controlled leaks to 5% or so of redline, sleep disordered events decreased and I spelt more soundly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your input. Will do. Some nights I have trouble keeping the mask tight, but I'm slowly getting better at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
in just 3 months, that's impressive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, at some point I hope to sleep like a teenager again. Still a dreamer.
Post Reply Post Reply
f150, I generally find most people do best at Flex of 1 or 2 but that 3 frequently has more problems. Your pressure is all over the place, and again, most people do better with a narrower pressure range, especially on the Philips. I would start by changing the minimum pressure to 8.0 and see where that takes you. It should cut out a lot of snores, flow limits, hypopnea and obstructive events. So, my suggestion at this point is a pressure range of 8-20 with Flex at 2. Your AHI has improved from May-July and your pressure requirements have stabilized quite a bit, but 4.0 does not come close to meeting your needs, and I think if you can move that minimum to 8.0 you will notice a significant difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your insight and interest is much appreciated. The low was reset to 9cm over the weekend, with no negative reaction. The Dreamstation now fires up at 10.5cm.

I paid no attention to the Flex setting until now. That could be a source for my biggest issue with my machine, where it seems to lurch from not enough to too much. I'll knock it back to 2 and report back.

As WSHenry noted, those leaks need solid control as well. They vary quite a bit from night to night. Unfortunately, the user hasn't done enough homework to get the upper hand.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 99 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 507 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,419 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 516 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 508 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chart mattw2019 1 381 10-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.