Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart Envy
RE: Chart Envy
Well I saw the hospital sleep Tech today, handed over the SD card so she could review the last 9 days of ASV treatment and after she'd looked at the data she shouted out to the waiting room "hey come on in miracle man" - think she was impressed with the results and tweaking you guys helped me do to settings.

We talked for a while about my journey etc, she went off and spoke to one the docs and came back with a prescription for me for an ASV - the doc was convinced from looking at the data that the biggest lump of centrals was indeed altitude caused due to my home/away lifestyle.

Thanks again everyone for all your help in getting me here - have asked my insurance company for pre approval for spend on a new ASV and then I'll be all set with home and travel machine.

Last night was the 2nd night back at altitude, typically previously my worst night for centrals and this was the first time without an altitude jump and not bad numbers for the last two nights and feeling just great :-)

Rob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Rob,

That’s brilliant it’s taken a year to get to this point but what a great looking graph.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Well zero events is what we expected with ASV, but how do you feel? It's been a long time coming..
Post Reply Post Reply
Great results!, been following this thread a long time and its nice to see such a conclusive ( but expected ) resolution.

To me in my naivete' it begs the question, personally for me is, how much more comfortable would an ASV machine be over a standard CPAP ignoring the apnea correction content.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Rob,

SO now your home at altitude how is the ASV doing ???
Post Reply Post Reply
Jason,

The easiest return home ever - completely bump-less. 4 of 5 nights since getting home have been flat 0 !

Now sunning myself in Palm Springs..... well actually holed up in a rather nice hotel room with a head cold but a lovely view of a golf course and the hills. Even with a bit of mucous blockage, the ASV has been a dream - look at the difference between an early night on it and now, its really learning and adapting and all my measures are back to my normal - RESP rate, inflow and outflow and volumes.

I returned the loaner machines to the narrow minded sleep doc, (unfortunately he wasn't there) but I'd love to see what the Tech put in my notes for the doc to read ! The Tech is a lovely guy who has been nothing but helpful and understood I was not coming back because of a narrow minded doc who refuses to prescribe the correct treatment for complex apnea so all good there too - they refunded the monthly rental so even not out of pocket for my misadventures into ST.

Its going to take some time to get a pre auth from my UK insurance company for a new machine, I can see them building hurdles but in no hurry as my low hrs one is working just fine - happy days even if feeling a little under the weather .....

My friend with 'undiagnosed' apnea is doing great an wants the second machine Airsense for his cabin so even beginning to clear out the closet of 'trials' - one dream station and an Airmini to go !

Thanks again guys.................... treated !

Rob

Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I'd give an update a month into using ASV - my average AHI is 0.09 since changing setting and really beginning to feel much better all round and almost human. I honestly find it the most comfortable treatment to date so if considering ASV don't be put off by it blowing at you - its very natural and comfortable and the high pressures it spikes to really hasn't caused me any discomfort or leaks.

I got back to Calgary (altitude) 5 days ago and really noticed the machine working a little harder with IPAP pressure but AHI stayed at or about zero.

I attach an early trend and last nights to show how things have settled down - thanks again folks, any comments / further thoughts appreciated ?

The overall trend tells quite journey story, very glad I stuck with it !

Rob

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Rate Chart looks strange yankees123 2 114 05-16-2019, 01:29 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  apap chart evaluation snorybob 25 1,354 05-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: snorybob
  Question on chart info ruthcatrin 9 263 04-18-2019, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ruthcatrin
  Help with reading mask pressure/flow chart Michaely6 0 135 04-09-2019, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Michaely6
  Oximetry Chart guidance trance 15 1,152 12-26-2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: picante
  Help interpreting chart and improving numbers WantoSleep 1 307 10-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Detecting Coughing on chart? zzzZorro 3 395 08-13-2018, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.