Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chart Envy
RE: Chart Envy
Captain Slog star date 3rd Oct

Last couple of nights have been a little lumpy as timezone change snapped into play.

Two nights ago I tried the Re-Leaf cervical collar, worst numbers and night for some time but not recorded unfortunately as forgot to put the card back in after sleep doc - Doh ! Think it was about 17 AHI, last night was 10 but still feeling good today.

Last night back to my first collar and lumpy bits were turning over causing leaks, much of my problems really seem to be positional, I really need to clamp down the FFM to stop it being knocked around as I turn. I've also noticed that I need a really low but firms pillow to kind of lean the mask off the end of, hopefully with jet lag receding will be back to sub 5 numbers for next few nights before traveling again.

Spoke to Papsmart again about getting a spare Airsense for her - they will honor the 15% off I got previously - let me know if any other Canucks want one and I can get a code from them, the Dreamstation will be going on Kijiji shortly, done with it !

Oh I have an appointment now with the 'not for profit' sleep doc in a few weeks to review the study I did with them where I bolted their machine into my CPAP machine hose to monitor what was going on - should be interesting to hear their advice and see how it relates to where I am.

Onwards ..........

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Captain Slog 15th Oct - the journey continues

Now been in Saudi timezone for over a week and things settled down nicely - from Sleepyhead trends I am now 23 nights on fixed 17.4 pressure and seeing a weekly average of 3.5 AHI which is pretty good. Thinking as this is probably around 50% hypo apneas I'll raise the pressure 1/2 a cm again soon to see if I can knock this out.

Guessing the remaining centrals will disappear over time, well thats what the sleep doc says but I think many are either late in the night and I'm actually awake or during jet lag and I'm actually awake too so likely stable number would be much lower if I allowed my body to stay on one timezone for long enough - such is my life just now though this is maybe the best I can hope for.

Overall I'm feeling much less 'fat, fuzzy' headed in the morning and generally just better and bags under my eyes seem to be reducing too so becoming even more devilishly handsome ! I also seem to be able to get into a timezone quicker which is an unexpected benefit - feeling hellish for less long is great.

Thanks for the encouragement snorybob - just feels like I'm talking to a void sometimes so as always comments / ideas welcome

Onwards...............

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
The slog continues........

Was in Saudi for a month and the transfer of timezones over there went well but the way back has been horrible - still not stable after two weeks. The timezone change back was the gap on the 25th Oct, been home since.

Its nearly all centrals now and irrespective of numbers I feel generally much much better this last month or so,  a little drowsy after a bad night but napping is fairly irregular now.

Had a session with the other sleep doc and we had a long chat about people prone to centrals and how much less damaging they are in terms of reducing blood O2 levels which maybe explains why I feel sooooo much better yet am seeing variable results just now.

Wondered if my cervical collar has been flattened down a bit as the cause of centrals being back in too so have ordered a new one from Amazon so will report back on that.

Attached most recent charts with a typical bad and good night and the trend.

Should I be more worried about these centrals than I am, are they positional / maybe collar related ? 

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
"Guessing the remaining centrals will disappear over time..." Normally that is true. My random access memory forgets technical term, pressure emergent or something, but normally these centrals will diminish and more or less disappear altogether with more time on xPAP. Other patients, like me, not so though. I have the Mixed Apnea beaten into submission via ASV. Apparently my rule of life is be different as possible. Lefty, red hair, Mixed Apnea...Hey life's never boring...

BTW wonder how less damaging my 90 second central was on the BPAP PSG...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have shown complex apnea in the past with auto pressure, so you might want to try gradually reducing the pressure setting to see if centrals can be reduced without letting OA back in.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slog continues more positively.......

Changed three things at once - doh !

I wanted to keep a 'traveling' and a 'home' rig and didn't want to try a new machine (again Airsense 10 for her) out for the first time away from home so decided to use the current one for traveling and new one for home - same for mask, new one was quite hard and leaked a bit first couple of nights, they really do take time to 'wear in'.

I got the new collar from Amazon, god I love prime and yes indeed the other one had been crushed down, this one was really uncomfortable night one but great after that.

Lastly I dropped the pressure back to 17 - as Sleeprider suggested, hypos don't seem to have increased so will give it another week till back from travels then drop again.

I seem to have again found low AHI stability and again feeling much less drowsy, no naps in three days and way more productive, some graphs attached

Learning shouldn't come as a shock to anyone..........don't change three variables at once but I honestly think my varied results were mostly collar related - must treat this as a consumable and chuck it when AHI starts to rise in future.

Thoughts on my conclusion ??

Onwards......

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say don't question good results. Treating collars as consumable, sure why not. They potentially can wear out. If you're happy with the results, who am I to question. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Captain slog 5th Dec.........

Been at home or at least similar timezones for a few weeks now and things have settled down nicely, again - big timezone changes really seem to affect me badly so the fact I do this often really is a concern.

New mask took a few days to 'break in', high number because of that and leaks - think it just needed to soften up, same for new collar.

As advised I've started to drop the pressure, doing 0.6cm every week or so until Obstructives start to creep in again, tonight will be down to 15.6 which is so much nicer to  breath against and sleep on than 17.8.

Looked around sleepyhead help and couldn't find the answer, maybe someone here can help - my session clock seems to be all to c**k and can't see how to fix it, my mac clock is reading the right time but sleepyhead clock seems to have drifted and is now about 3 hrs ahead - Help !

Last night but one was one of the best ever - seems a far cry from where I started - check it out below !

Onwards - keep the faith guys if I can do this from where I started so can you !

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
The clock is set on the machine it's self. To change it if going backwards in time wait until just before you go to be, but before you use the machine for the first time in the afternoon gives the maximum range of adjustment as you cannot set the machine back to earlier than midday. Go into the clinical menu and adjust the time to your correct local time.

I do not bother changing for any daylight saving so I have not adjusted the clock from summer time but there is no issues changing it at this point. I would not recommend changing the clock when travelling just leave it set on your local time at home
Post Reply Post Reply
Your recent results look amazing compared to where you've been, and I would gladly take any night less than 1-AHI. You need to lose that monthly calendar on the chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 508 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,419 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 518 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 510 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chart mattw2019 1 384 10-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.