Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir methodology for collection of use data
MyAir methodology for collection of use data
Does anyone know if (ResMed AirSense 10) MyAir reports are based on information collected continuously during the entire period of sleep, or is it extrapolated from a smaller window of time?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir methodology for collection of use data
Dont know and dont use it.

Download and learn OSCAR
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

MyAir is a very inaccurate app.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the MyAir reports are based on statistics collected over the course of the whole night.

As mentioned, using OSCAR will give you much more information that you can use to optimise your therapy for yourself.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I look at the MyAir info on my phone and say "that's nice." If something looks odd, then I download the SD card into OSCAR and look at it there.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that ResMed AirSense 10 collects "detailed" data continuously and writes it to the SD. Considering the granularity of the analysis time scale in my ResScan software (6.1), it appears that the granularity, at least for reporting purposes, is 10-seconds which implies some form of summarization or data smoothing. The system could be interpolating between collected data points, but one needs access to the software for a definitive answer. Something ResMed is loath to reveal.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help with Data Collection from Airsense 11 TragicKnight 5 614 11-25-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 577 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,453 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 459 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.