Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Charts
Charts
I am a new member and I have a DreamStation (not the brick model) coming soon. I was told in a previous post that I need to upload my 'charts'. So, I uploaded everything I got from the doctor. Please see attached. I will patiently await your suggestions

Attached Files
.pdf   sleepstudy.pdf (Size: 376.89 KB / Downloads: 139)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Charts
You will like the improvement with cpap

Please read the link below

Post Reply Post Reply
You definitely need treatment and you've come to the right place for help. Be patient. We will need to see data from your machine and its settings before we can make suggestions. It's helpful that you posted your sleep study data. Once you have some SleepyHead data to post we will be able to advise you on settings.  Be sure to read the link kwhenrykerr suggested, especially the mask primer section. Getting the right mask and a good seal is one of the biggest challenges.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you will have a Dreamstation Pro or Auto.  I am going to assume the better machine for you is the Auto-CPAP since you had a home sleep study for diagnostics and will need to self-titrate.  The main concern from your sleep test is a central apnea index of about 3.5-4.0 that CPAP may not treat, or which my become complex apnea when you are put on CPAP pressure. 

I look forward to helping you optimize the therapy, but want to warn you that CPAP may not be your last stop if complex apnea rears its ugly head. Do you have a copy of your prescription?  Are you comfortable working with your DME supplier?  What mask are you trying first?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
while waiting for your machine, try to sleep on your left side as this was the position you had the least disruptions to sleep.

good luck

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the Mask Primer, when you pick up your machine you can make it an opportunity to try masks, You HAVE to try masks. It's the only way to check fit so please read the Mask Primer (see my sig) The other link has a lot of good info too!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 08:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Glad to hear you will have a Dreamstation Pro or Auto.  I am going to assume the better machine for you is the Auto-CPAP since you had a home sleep study for diagnostics and will need to self-titrate.  The main concern from your sleep test is a central apnea index of about 3.5-4.0 that CPAP may not treat, or which my become complex apnea when you are put on CPAP pressure. 

I look forward to helping you optimize the therapy, but want to warn you that CPAP may not be your last stop if complex apnea rears its ugly head. Do you have a copy of your prescription?  Are you comfortable working with your DME supplier?  What mask are you trying first?

I have the Dreamstation Auto.All I have is what I've attached to a previous post, I wasn't aware that anything else, I thought what I gave was the prescription.I don't have a DME supplier, I bought mine from Amazon new.
Post Reply Post Reply
You posted your sleep study but not your prescription. Seeing your prescription as well would be helpful.  Do you know what pressure setting was prescribed? The most important additional data we will need is from your nightly use of the machine which will be provided by SleepyHead software. You can download the  software from here: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Please see the links below on how to organize and post data.

Please update your profile to indicate the machine you have, your pressure settings, and the mask you are using if you have selected one.

Also it would be good for you to obtain a clinician setup manual for your machine from here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual so you will be able to adjust settings to optimize your therapy.

See the suppliers list: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List since you are not using a DME. There are some that will allow you to try and return masks. Others who use these suppliers will be able to advise you.

You haven't mentioned insurance. Will you be paying 100% for everything?

I suspect this seems somewhat overwhelming, as it was for me when I started, but you will get help here.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
By prescription do you mean the paperwork to order the actual machine? If so, once I as told how much it would cost for me to get a CPAP, I immediately cancelled. Five hundred dollars down then $200/month for who knows how long! Naaaaaw. I was under the impression that the info I posted was all that was needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
The prescription is the note your doctor writes telling -somebody- what you need to treat your problem.
You need your prescription to buy a CPAP machine in the USA and Canada; you don't have to buy it from your insurance company's favourite provider.

If you let us see it - names blanked out - we may be able to give you some additional advice about what to look for and how to set up the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 44 7 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 350 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,103 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 244 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 661 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 374 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New and not sure about my charts Rattler 7 501 12-09-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Rattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.