Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Charts
RE: Charts
use imgur if you have more sleepyhead images or screenshots to share.

the prescription I saw that I thought was from your doctor, you referred to in the following thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid209217

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh no LOL. I copied and pasted that, which is an example someone posted. I was just trying to confirm that this is what it looks like, what I need
Post Reply Post Reply
ok. he he. please tell us what your average AHI (7 day) and average 90% pressure (7 day) from your machine, unless you have a sleepyhead report to view. I have not seen any data from your machine since you started using it.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only been using my machine for about 4 days. Took some getting sued to but the machine says my AHI for 1 day is 11.6. 7 & 30 day AHI is 13.4. If I remember correctly my AHI from my sleep study was 34. something.
Ramp = 6.0
Ramp Time is 15 minutes
Min pressure is 6.0
Max pressure is 9.0

I know I was recommended different pressures but I changed it cause I was uncomfortable. I didn't sleep the whole night but did for about 3 hours
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, 11 is not great,  but would have been ok for first couple days, if only you had better sleep.  Shucks.  After a couple days at this pressure, you should check and post the 1 day and 7 day again. We will be able to see whether they are dropping.  Likely, you'll want to increase your min pressure by at least 1.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy Hours
1-Day=4.1
7-Day=4.7
30-Day=4.7

AHI
1-Day=11.6
7-Day=13.4
30-Day=13.4

Mask Fit
1-Day=100%
7-Day=98%
30-Day=98%

Periodic Breathing
1-Day=4%
7-Day=2%
30-Day=2%

90% Pressure
1-Day=8.0
7-Day=6.5
30-Day=6.5

Like I said , I just got it so I'm a little lost on the best settings. Considering what info I have given so far, what would be the suggested settings?

Please remember. I'M NEW TO THIS SITE AND I JUST GOT THIS MACHINE.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would keep the current settings for the next few days (say 3 to 5 days).

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I see from your profile that you now have SleepyHead. Please post some sleepyhead graphs after a few days. It will be much easier to advise you if we can see the data. See the links below for how to organize and post your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
going by your 8cm 90% pressure, I would have 7cm min and and 12cm max. It's a rough adjustment, but until you get the charts up, it's all I got. Others may have a better idea
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Well. last night was the 1st night after using my machine for less than a week that I got somewhat more sleep. I notice that I'm not sleepy today while at work. No head bobbles!!! LOL. My AHI was 38.6 from my initial home sleep study. It read this morning 11.3. Is this an improvement? I did alot of moving around mainly because I kept having to compensate for the NuancePro I have. I just ordered the Respironics Dreamwear Nasal Mask Frame Medium and Softwraps cause of the great reviews I read. Honestly being new to using a CPAP machine isn't the issue, the issue is the mask! I guess researching the mask is VERY important for CPAP therapy! I downloaded SLeepyHead and plugged in my SD card. It stated my results were horrible. I was thinking the lower the score, the better the therapy is going. Am I wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 131 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 411 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,167 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 292 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 743 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.