Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Charts
RE: Charts
My wife suggested that I don't have sleep apnea, she says it's because of being bored so much at work! lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2017, 10:01 AM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: I downloaded SleepyHead and plugged in my SD card. It stated my results were horrible. I was thinking the lower the score, the better the therapy is going. Am I wrong?

You are correct, lower is better.   You're off to a good start.   An AHI of 5 or below is considered as being "treated", with a 1"ish" being the preferred area to be.  Again; Keep up the good work!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, the sleepyhead screen can be brutal. I don't like that particular feature, just ignore that for now. getting more sleep is your no. 1 goal. and, 11.3 is an improvement over yesterday score of 11.6. more sleep, less AHI is good goal, but remember to put in another couple days at this setting, learn how to post sleepyhead charts. you are now on the right track. After the initial 3 to 5 days, I suspect we will all suggest raising your minimum, as ajack says, we generally base it on your median pressure and/or the 90% pressure along with where you are with regard to how much CA events you are getting. good luck on the new mask.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Ya'll are freakin AWESOME on this site!!!!!! Think I found a new place to get prescriptions written out! LMBO. I'll let ya'll know when I need one [Image: smile.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'll be the first to admit I haven't been using my machine every night. Some nights I wake up in the middle of the night and rip it off of my face out of frustration. But I have some numbers so far. I know they are not charts but Im just curious if any adjustments need to be made at this point.

Three Night Summary - 4.8 Hours
Night Used - 7
Therapy Hours - 1 Day - 4.8
                         7 Day - 2.9
                       30 Day - 4.1
AHI - 1 Day - 8.9
        7 Day - 18.4
      30 Day - 16.5
Mask Fit - 1 Day - 97%
               7 Day - 100%
              30 Day - 99%
Periodic Breathing - 1 Day - 1%
                              7 Day - 3%
                            30 Day - 2%
90% Pressure - 1 Day - 10.0
                        7 Day - 12.4
                      30 Day - 10.8

How do these numbers look? Any suggestions to change anything at this point?
Post Reply Post Reply
If these were mine, minus charts and without breakdown on how many events are OA, H, or CA, I would do the following.

Change the minimum pressure to 8. (probably I would eventually end up at a minimum of about 10, based on my 90% pressures), but I would start at 8.
Make Aflex setting 1.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's not alot of information but so far how am I doing? Is my condition improving?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 08:20 AM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: Ok, I'll be the first to admit I haven't been using my machine every night. Some nights I wake up in the middle of the night and rip it off of my face out of frustration. But I have some numbers so far. I know they are not charts but Im just curious if any adjustments need to be made at this point.

Three Night Summary - 4.8 Hours
Night Used - 7
Therapy Hours - 1 Day - 4.8
                         7 Day - 2.9
                       30 Day - 4.1
AHI - 1 Day - 8.9
        7 Day - 18.4
      30 Day - 16.5
Mask Fit - 1 Day - 97%
               7 Day - 100%
              30 Day - 99%
Periodic Breathing - 1 Day - 1%
                              7 Day - 3%
                            30 Day - 2%
90% Pressure - 1 Day - 10.0
                        7 Day - 12.4
                      30 Day - 10.8

How do these numbers look? Any suggestions to change anything at this point?

(06-29-2017, 01:37 PM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: I know it's not alot of information but so far how am I doing? Is my condition improving?

Your trends are for lower AHI and higher pressure; however your machine use is declining to unacceptable low levels.  If you were required to demonstrate compliance to keep the machine, it would be taken away.  It would help to have the AHI breakdown for obstructive, hypopnea and central.  With an average use less than 4-hours you do not get enough hours of therapy during sleep to significantly benefit from the apnea control and your fatigue and any related health issues will continue.  Your results appear to improve with higher pressure, and the trends in AHI are improving, but none of your results suggest therapeutic effectiveness.  You have moderate apnea even with the therapy, and we should look at the data to find out why, and if we can help you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for now using it as much. I only got it about 2.5 weeks ago and im not used to it. Im still trying to get comfortable wearing it. Maybe i should only post when i use it consistently. Would this be better before asking for help on this site? Just curious
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 06:06 PM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: I apologize for now using it as much. I only got it about 2.5 weeks ago and im not used to it. Im still trying to get comfortable wearing it. Maybe i should only post when i use it consistently. Would this be better before asking for help on this site? Just curious

no. please just let us know how things are going. we just want the best for you. if we all work together we can get you to a better place.

it would be really exciting if tomorrow you could not hold back that you slept fantastic and got an AHI of 6 or better.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 119 Today, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 160 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 197 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 404 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,165 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 285 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 725 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.