Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Charts
RE: Charts
No, I don't think that's what SR meant, he was just telling you straight, to get into gear or you will be borrowing the wife's hair drier. Using duct tape to keep it in your mouth.

did you find out how to adjust the pressure from the clinical manual, top of page? going by your numbers only without a chart, I'd still have 7 or maybe 8 as a minimum and 12 max., because you aren't wearing it long, it's being corrupted by awake breathing.

As said, put it on while you watch TV, get use to having it on your face and the feeling of CPAP. Without the pressure of trying to go to sleep.

when you wake up-sit up so you can't go back to sleep, adjust the mask or have a spell, but put it back on before you go back to sleep. it can take a couple of months to be really comfortable with cpap.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 06:57 PM)quiescence at last Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 06:06 PM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: I apologize for now using it as much. I only got it about 2.5 weeks ago and im not used to it. Im still trying to get comfortable wearing it. Maybe i should only post when i use it consistently. Would this be better before asking for help on this site? Just curious

no. please just let us know how things are going. we just want the best for you. if we all work together we can get you to a better place.

it would be really exciting if tomorrow you could not hold back that you slept fantastic and got an AHI of 6 or better.

QAL
Actually I got a little nap in before the big sleep. I did sleep better. Very vivid dreams. AHI is 9.0
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2017, 01:25 AM)ajack Wrote: No, I don't think that's what SR meant, he was just telling you straight, to get into gear or you will be borrowing the wife's hair drier. Using duct tape to keep it in your mouth.

did you find out how to adjust the pressure from the clinical manual, top of page? going by your numbers only without a chart, I'd still have 7 or maybe 8 as a minimum and 12 max., because you aren't wearing it long, it's being corrupted by awake breathing.

As said, put it on while you watch TV, get use to having it on your face and the feeling of CPAP. Without the pressure of trying to go to sleep.

when you wake up-sit up so you can't go back to sleep, adjust the mask or have a spell, but put it back on before you go back to sleep. it can take a couple of months to be really comfortable

Wife's hair dryer, now THAT'S funny!!! LMBO
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to encourage you to use the machine more, and to get better results. Any chance you could post a Sleepyhead chart so we can help you get those better results and longer therapy?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
there are other ways

[Image: Rednecksleepapneacure.jpg]
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, here's my first post of SleepyHead data:

http://imgur.com/ugHql7M
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I would do at this point a slight adjustment.  I would put minimum at 9 and maximum at 12. And run this pressure for several days, and post again.

Maybe you could post a full night of detailed info from the past week. It could give us a few more hints.

Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2017, 07:47 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: Hi. I would do at this point a slight adjustment.  I would put minimum at 9 and maximum at 12. And run this pressure for several days, and post again.

Maybe you could post a full night of detailed info from the past week. It could give us a few more hints.

Good luck.

QAL

After setting up with your suggestions I have to admit, I feel that I slept VERY well lat night. Only woke up once cause nature was calling. Very long, vivid dreams!!!! Initial AHI was 38.4. Not posting charts but just using the data my DreamStation gave my AHI was 12.3, 100% mask fit and usage of 7:42hrs . Must admit I do feel different!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to hear. Wink

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I have been told to post charts n all, but I just wanted to make a point. I'm sleeping MUST better and have grown accustomed to wearing the mask EVERY NIGHT!! I will post charts tonight but I just had to say this. I have been CONSISTENTLY wearing my mask starting Tuesday the 4th. These are the numbers from DreamMapper so far:

June 30 - AHI 15.5
July 1 - AHI 17.6
July 2 - AHI 8.8
July 3 - AHI 16.6
July 4 - AHI 12.3
July 5 - AHI 14.9
July 6 - AHI 6.7

I know these numbers don't mean much and ya'll want to see charts, but I think I'm doing MUCH better. Not falling asleep at work no more!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 376 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,120 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 259 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 679 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 384 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.