Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Check 10 months later
Check 10 months later
Hello to all

Last time I posted about my CPAP treatment was in April 2021, from Barhain after having been in Switzerland.
So, it is now 5 months that I am in a new country, Canada, Calgary.
Quite some change : temperature, air, altitude, ...
My CPAP treatment works in general OK, but, as they tend to reappear here and there, I wanted to post a night not that good for me (the way I feel) to get some insights from the team.
I am using an SCC (since this forum advised me). 
My settings are Pressure 8-16, EPR Full time 3. I am not using Humidifier (while I have it somewhere)

Here it is. Thank you team for what you do

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Check 10 months later
Have you had problems with positional apnea/chin tucking before?
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Ratchick. Your obstructive events are clustered which is a classic presentation of chin-tucking http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You state you're using a collar, but the data presents the Positional Apnea are there. I think you maybe are dealing with a collar that allows your chin to drop behind it, and/or maybe it's not snug enough.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all

This is not the first time the team advises me to use SCC... while I am already using it. So you may be right, mine is not that efficient. 
Do you a specific brand you recomend, you I could find in Canada?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The brand isn't usually specific, but they do smush up over time, so they often need replacing regularly. The big part is making sure it is high enough to keep your chin from tucking to your chest.

If you go to the Review forum, there are a number of reviews for different soft collars, and maybe some might be near you - but I just use a fairly cheap, non-descript one myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2022, 09:53 PM)Pierrec83 Wrote: Thank you all

This is not the first time the team advises me to use SCC... while I am already using it. So you may be right, mine is not that efficient. 
Do you a specific brand you recomend, you I could find in Canada?

Thanks

I bought one recently in Toronto, delivered to by door by ama.... canada.

What height is your collar? Would you like one higher?  I'll measure mine if that helps.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 254 Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 155 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 833 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 379 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 132 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,741 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 562 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.