Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Checking in
Checking in
Hi Everyone ~
Hope you are all doing well - I think of all of you often Smile

Having a very good day today - on the back side of two rather crappy days. Each night I slept ok - still don't know why my energy levels fluctuate so. We been besieged by snow these past couple of weeks. They called off work two days two weeks in a row - I'm thankful for the extra mornings to get some extra sleep in. I wish I took a nap on Saturday - I think that would have made a difference.

All in all though I'm feeling good! Classes have started (2 online and one in the classroom) Work is crazy and I'm keeping up just fine. Smile

Two things coming up for me - follow up dr. appt in ten days and AWAKE meeting on 2/26. They will be having a guest speaker - CPAP and Diabetes is the topic.

Dumb question - AHI .05 is that five per hour or 5/10 per hour - math was never my strong point. I need to invest some serious time learning to read sleepyhead data!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Checking in
Total apneas for the in use period, divided by number of hours for that period. Yes, 5/10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 08:27 PM)saltydawg2 Wrote: Total apneas for the in use period, divided by number of hours for that period. Yes, 5/10.

I feel for you all that snow would make anyone feel tried.
It sounds like your in for more , be strong!
you look like your making good progress, hang in there remember its only going to get better.Okay

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sparkle,
It's good to hear that you are doing well and keeping up with your Classes. Sounds like you are doing well with your CPAP therapy; yeah,you'll have bad nights once in a while.
Hang in there for more responses and keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 08:10 PM)Sparkle Wrote: Dumb question - AHI .05 is that five per hour or 5/10 per hour - math was never my strong point. I need to invest some serious time learning to read sleepyhead data!

I specialize in dumb questions due to a lifetime of experience asking them. Based on the graphic you posted the AHI in question is 0.5...That would be 1 event every 2-hours (1/2=0.5).

I Wish!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sparkle,

There ARE no dumb questions! I am glad you asked as the responses gave me a refresher course.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your patience with us newbies Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Checking pressure Made 2 388 10-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  On my 4th week, checking in tormund 3 695 03-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: tormund
  New guy checking in MikeWarner 2 690 12-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Just checking in ... how am I looking? Harlon 4 1,094 07-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Harlon
Question Double checking to see if I have properly identified my machine florida34972 1 923 06-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Thumbsup Checking in Vitamin J 1 1,090 10-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Equipment] Checking Hours on an S9 Elite drbones 2 1,360 10-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: drbones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.